Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    The original (GDW) 2300 AD uses a 1d10+Mod mechanic if I recall correctly. The new Mongoose one, however, uses the 2d6+Mod mechanic. The players want to look to see how hard it would be to come up with the sheet for the original system (as they love the old system). If we can't get it to work, we'll use the MgT1E version.
    Sorry! Didn't read! I thought you were referring to the MG version. It's a pain sometimes to keep all the versions straight

  2. #22
    It doesn't help that they name different game systems of the same setting the same thing!
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)
    FG Community Developer:
    [Available]Millennium Knights, Savage Suzerain [In Progress]Several Others [Personal Use]Savage Rifts

    Currently running:
    AD&D 2e - Temple of Elemental Evil

    In planning:
    Way too many games!

    Timezone:
    Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

  3. #23
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,865
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    The original (GDW) 2300 AD uses a 1d10+Mod mechanic if I recall correctly. The new Mongoose one, however, uses the 2d6+Mod mechanic. The players want to look to see how hard it would be to come up with the sheet for the original system (as they love the old system). If we can't get it to work, we'll use the MgT1E version.
    GunBunny can you try and nail down the mechanics and share before Sunday - thanks!

    MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

  4. #24
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,865
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Righ View Post
    I'd love to take you up on working Classic Battletech RPG into an extension and dice mechanics, I can be available any time as I am retired.
    Hola Erin Righ can you share more detail on the dice mechanics and then we can lock in a time?

    MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

  5. #25
    Damned,

    Will certainly do. I'm looking at the PDF of the rules now. Skill rolls are 1d10+Mod, with TN 2/6/10/14/18 depending on the difficulty of the task. Weapon attacks roll on a table to see where they hit..armor from that location is deducted from the damage (damage is a flat number called Damage Point Value, or DPV), and then remaining damage is applied to character.

    Also looking how to adjust the character sheet (adding boxes, etc to track information if possible).

    GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)
    FG Community Developer:
    [Available]Millennium Knights, Savage Suzerain [In Progress]Several Others [Personal Use]Savage Rifts

    Currently running:
    AD&D 2e - Temple of Elemental Evil

    In planning:
    Way too many games!

    Timezone:
    Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

  6. #26
    Erin Righ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Vernon, BC, Canada
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hola Erin Righ can you share more detail on the dice mechanics and then we can lock in a time?
    Coma esta, Damned! I mentioned a little about the dice mechanics to you in another thread. The basics of mechanics are 2d10+mod, exploding, vs Target Number, but it occasionally uses 3d10, exploding, take the highest 2 and add modifiers, and it also occasionally uses the opposite of that, 3d10, exploding, take the lowest 2 and add modifiers. Damage is done in exploding d6s adding an Attribute for melee, so that I think is already done. Mech Combat is accomplished with 2d6 exploding vs Target Number and damage for mech combat is fixed. Let me know when is good for you for time
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

  7. #27
    This is a great idea, damned, and I'd love to take you up on this for Fragged Empire. Less about the dice rolls (as they are straight 3d6) but more about how damage is taken and applied, and how to extend MoreCores ability to track attributes and attribute damage.

  8. #28
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,865
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    This is a great idea, damned, and I'd love to take you up on this for Fragged Empire. Less about the dice rolls (as they are straight 3d6) but more about how damage is taken and applied, and how to extend MoreCores ability to track attributes and attribute damage.
    Hi spite send me your email via PM or direct if you already have my email. Easier to co-ordinate via Email. I think you are much closer to my timezone right?

    MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

  9. #29
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,865
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Righ View Post
    Coma esta, Damned! I mentioned a little about the dice mechanics to you in another thread. The basics of mechanics are 2d10+mod, exploding, vs Target Number, but it occasionally uses 3d10, exploding, take the highest 2 and add modifiers, and it also occasionally uses the opposite of that, 3d10, exploding, take the lowest 2 and add modifiers. Damage is done in exploding d6s adding an Attribute for melee, so that I think is already done. Mech Combat is accomplished with 2d6 exploding vs Target Number and damage for mech combat is fixed. Let me know when is good for you for time
    ni hao Erin Righ please tell me more about "the opposite of that, 3d10, exploding, take the lowest 2 and add modifiers"

    MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

  10. #30
    Erin Righ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Vernon, BC, Canada
    Posts
    391
    Well the mechanic is as it sounds; always 3d10 each d10 explodes on a 10 but you discard the highest roll. You are still attempting to roll high, you are just forced to take the lowest dice. If you rolled 3 10s, they would each explode, and if you rolled another 10 on those dice, that "20" (10+10) would explode again, but you would be forced to discard it. It is a penalized roll to reflect untrained skill usage. Anything else?
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in