STAR TREK 2d20

Here's some Homebrew, Roguish Archetype: Pirate

Feedback? suggestions?

Scourge of the Seas
    When you chose this archetype at 3rd level you gain proficiency in flintlock rifles and pistols (stats for the weapons are listed below) you also gain proficiency in ships of all kinds and through your leadership you and your allies can work to operate a ship as part of a working crew (reducing the crew needed by an amount equal to the party size)

Aditionally you gain the dirty fighting skill, when you make a melee attack against an enemy that has taken damage from an ally this turn you crit on a roll of 19-20

Deft hands
    Starting at 9th level you can reload a flintlock pistol as part of the attack action, and you can stow a flintlock rifle and draw a flintlock pistol as a free action

Rogueish Reputation
    When reaching 13th level you gain a reputation, your DM may choose for you based on your actions, your reputation may change based on your actions but only if your DM decides it is appropriate
    Feared Buccaneer: you gain expertise in the intimidation skill
    Reputed Rogue: you gain expertise in the persuasion skill

In addition your dirty fighting skill now scores crits on rolls of 19-20 on melee against any target that is bellow it's maximul health

Pirate King/Queen
    Starting at 17th level your reputation is great enough that you can keep a crew organised even when you're not there to lead them, a ship you own can be captained by men you hired, as pirates their cost to hire reduces by half as they plunder traders or become privateers under a kingdom you are allied with, when meeting your crew they will give you a cut of the spoils, and your crew will always provide you free passage, if your ship is close you can call on them for reinforcements or cannon fire support within 300 feet of the shoreline, if a cannonball is launched at an area, it hits with a 6 second delay, and creatures that share the language you used to shout the order know to move out of the way, when the cannonball hits each creature in a 20-foot radius must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 8d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Flintlock rifle
    1d12 piercing
    10 lbs
    200 GP
    ammunition Range 200/600ft, heavy, two-handed, Loading

After making an attack, you must reload the rifle, this takes a bonus action

Flintlock pistol
    1d8 piercing
    3 lbs
    120 GPg
    ammunition Range 60/120ft, light, loading

After making an attack, you must reload the pistol, this takes a bonus action

Flintlock Bullets (20)
    2 lbs
    2GP

Pirate Spoils table (1d8)

1: No spoils gained, the crew can be given 10GP x amount of crew to bolster morale or your next roll on the Pirate Spoils table is made with disadvantage
    2: 350 GP
    3: 600 GP
    4: 500 GP and a random magical item of Rare quality
    5: 1200 GP
    6: 1000 GP and a random magical item of Very Rare quality or better
    7: 1800 GP
    8: 1500 GP and either a Legendary Item or a quest to find an Artifact Item (DM's discretion)
    Last edited by Rebecca; June 27th, 2018 at 19:12.

Blog Entries
    Interesting. No idea on balance, but some flavor and editorial observations

"When reaching 13th level you may choose a reputation, your DM may choose..." might be better worded as "When reaching 13th level you gain a reputation, your DM may choose..."

Roguish Reputation seems insignificant to me. Maybe if the reputation had more roleplaying effects and more reputations than just two? Also the change to Dirty Fighting isn't clear to me. Maybe something like; "In addition, your Dirty Fighting feature now reads; when you make a melee or ranged attack against an enemy that has taken damage from an ally this turn you crit on a roll of 19-20 "

On the canon ball, rather than say a six second delay, I would say 1 round later, on the same initiative count the order was given. (Or similar).

Last, the Pirate Spoils table; a 37.5% chance for a magic item seems high. And 12.5% for a legendary or artifact? Way too unbalanced imo.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah the spoils table is far from ideal, it's not what you can call finished yet, but i have little experience with how much gold and magic stuff a party has at that lvl so i made an example rather than a balanced table

Thread Information