5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Larger Creatures And Grid Snapping

I'm using the hex grid tool with my maps but it seems to olny allow single tile creatures, the snapping doesn't snap to the corners of the cells at all so if I wanted to have a large creature that would take up three tiles I would have to turn off the grid tool which is really antithetical.

I'm using 5e, am I just missing something here? Larger creatures make up a huge aspect of the game so it seems very odd if not supported with the grid tool.

The default <snaphex> setting is center. See the XML Definition section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/imagecontrol.xcp

It would require an extension to change the image_record_step template (used for maps/images - defined in the CoreRPG ruleset) to include "<snaphex>vertexandcenter</snaphex>"
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Try the attached "Hex Grid Vertex and Center Snap" extension. This is just a quick example - it won't work or will clash with other extensions that modify the base image_record_step FG template - basically most extensions that add functionality to the image/map control itself.

I've noticed in my limited testing, that sometimes the snapping will revert to center only. In this case, just turn snapping off and on (via the image right-click menu) and it should go back to vertex and center snapping.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

How do I access the attached file? It isn't clickable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulluses View Post
    How do I access the attached file? It isn't clickable for me.
    Go down to the very bottom of the page and in the drop down menu select FGResponsive. The likelyhood is that you are viewing the web page in tablet form. If that doesn't fix things then something in your browser is denying you the ability to click on links. Check what the security settings you have are.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It seems not to have worked, it doesn't appear to change the behaviour of the snapping. I'm not running any other extensions apart from a mood lighting one.

Blog Entries
    Did you try:

I've noticed in my limited testing, that sometimes the snapping will revert to center only. In this case, just turn snapping off and on (via the image right-click menu) and it should go back to vertex and center snapping.

It worked after a restart, thank you very much!

Thread Information