DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day All
    Last nights session was a classic example of a bad streak of rolls. Our Monk (5E) was attacking and rolled three consecutive 1's in the same turn. To make matters worse our DM is using the Crit/Fumble tables The player is convinced the DM has a way to force a fumble!! LOL
    Last session we had the Monk character got 3 natural 20's in a row, so there must be something fishy going on.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Last session we had the Monk character got 3 natural 20's in a row, so there must be something fishy going on.
    Good Day Zacchaeus
    I will have to pass this on to our Monk, perhaps he will blame your Monk for taking the 20's from him!!

In my Starfinder campaign I have a player with a Vesk Soldier. His rolls are consistently so low he thinks FG hate him. In all seriousness it is sad when a player rolls badly so frequently that it begins to frustrate them.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

How does FG determine random numbers, aka what is the seed and how trustworthy are consecutive rolls? Will there be a difference between Unity and Classic algorithms?

My personal observation is that dice roller programs have a tendency to repeat consecutive numbers, so this is the first thing I test with any dice roller. This become especially apparent with Backgammon programs that tend to roll more doublets than I have ever seen to happen at a real table.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; May 5th, 2020 at 12:40.

AFAIK the seed is generated by how fast and the direction you are moving the mouse, and it uses a physics engine to generate the roll.

But we mostly use double-clicks to roll. So no mouse-movement is happening. The dice of one of my players always spins like a gyroscope instead of rolling. The other players‘ dice do roll, though.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; May 5th, 2020 at 12:59.

I have players who are complain for the same and we play...the dark eye's system. Players are always players...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    But we mostly use double-clicks to roll. So no mouse-movement is happening. The dice of one of my players always spins like a gyroscope instead of rolling. The other players‘ dice do roll, though.
    alt....

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    alt....
    Thank you, this explains it. This is a problem of him having to use a remote desktop connection to my NAS' virtual Windows machine which is running the FG client. He is using Linux and does not like having to run Wine, so the remote connection seems to fire the ALT key for some odd reasons.

So where does the thrust/spin for double-clicks come from (aka what is the seed then)?

Thread Information