DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Effect for Uncanny Dodge?

Was searching last night and couldn't find any 5E solutions. I was thinking that I could just use Resistance to All on next roll [SELF] but that occurred to me in the middle of the night and couldn't test. I won't be able to test that until later today either.

Was wondering how others are handling this and whether Resistance stacks as it pertains to the effects parser (not the rules, I know that they don't stack in the rules). If it does stack then that could be a way of doing it. Technically, Uncanny Dodge is not a resistance so would, in fact, stack with a resistance but then I would have to figure out order of operations. One cat at a time to skin though.

Thanks,

Hit the 'half' button on the modifier dialog before applying damage. You could use RESIST: as well. The former would need to be applied by the DM; the latter applied by the player.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, so the parser stacks resists is what I am getting from that.

I don't know where the "half" dialog is. I know the math functions in the chat window but with the automation it is already done before I can apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    I don't know where the "half" dialog is.
    In the "Modifiers" window - click the modifiers button in the top right of the desktop.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, for something as immediate as Uncanny Dodge the player needs to tell you that they want to use it - since it is optional - after you roll the hit an before you roll damage. Otherwise you would need to remove some of the wounds. You can do that by right clicking over the damage in the chat window, select half value, drag and drop the result back into chat, right click on the new value and select negative then drag that result back into the wounds of the character that got damaged. Or just do the maths and remove the wounds manually.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Otherwise you would need to remove some of the wounds. You can do that by right clicking over the damage in the chat window, select half value, drag and drop the result back into chat, right click on the new value and select negative then drag that result back into the wounds of the character that got damaged.
    A more streamlined process is right-click on the damage in chat -> select half - the damage value will change to showing half of the original. Then hold down CTRL and drag/drop the halved value from chat to the PC entry in the combat tracker - CTRL means the damage will be applied as healing.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 19th, 2018 at 20:13.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    A more streamlined process is right-click on the damage in chat -> select half - the damage value will change to showing half of the original. Then hold down CTRL and drag/drop the halved value from chat to the PC entry in the combat tracker - CTRL means the damage will be applied as healing.
    Gah! I knew there was an easier way, but I couldn't quite recall it. Thanks Trenloe, I see that period in the sun hasn't addled your mind any

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I see that period in the sun hasn't addled your mind any
    Oh, it has. But there wasn't much left to addle...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for my question, which is about uncanny dodge in FGU (it seems to me this thread is pre-FGU). I tried the method laid out by Trenloe for halving the damage, but holding control did not apply the damage as healing, just as damage. I am running FGU on a Mac, if that makes the difference. I also tried the other usual suspects: command, option, and fn.

Oh right, I said there's a question. So...does anyone know if this method has changed, or if this is just not how it works on a Mac?
    Last edited by scotw1t; April 6th, 2020 at 11:03.

Quote Originally Posted by scotw1t View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for my question, which is about uncanny dodge in FGU (it seems to me this thread is pre-FGU). I tried the method laid out by Trenloe for halving the damage, but holding control did not apply the damage as healing, just as damage. I am running FGU on a Mac, if that makes the difference. I also tried the other usual suspects: command, option, and fn.

Oh right, I said there's a question. So...does anyone know if this method has changed, or if this is just not how it works on a Mac?
    As I understand it macs don't have a CTRL key?

If so, and there's no equivalent key, then the method in post #5 above should work.

Thread Information