STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Map ping doesn't seem to change the client's view window for me as your example shows above. It does drop the ping token at the location, and if the client scrolls manually to that spot it is visible, but the client's map isn't moving to the ping location.

Sync client view still seems to work.

Love NPC Id, it's a feature I've contemplated coding up several times myself but never found the time. Stellar extension, none of the minor issues above are going to stop me from using it. I will likely be looking to integrate my strain/injury extension into this, as a configurable option of course, as several of the script files overlap with this one and I use the strain/injury rules in a couple of my current campaigns.

@darrenan

Ping works both on 3.3.5A and 3.3.6 (test release). Are you pinging an image the player has access to? Upload a video or GIF.

Charge is indeed +2/-2, It's a typo, I'll edit that out.

Regarding the targeted/selected; button conventions work both ways, darkened is 'down' in many implementations, I don't have plans to change that, but you can if you wish.

This is absolutely incredible! So much of this has been on my wishlist. I've only run into 2 possible issues, the size/reach "auras" no longer show up, and if the token has a "bloody" image on it you can no longer hover over the effects to get a description.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I will likely be looking to integrate my strain/injury extension into this, as a configurable option of course, as several of the script files overlap with this one and I use the strain/injury rules in a couple of my current campaigns.
    If you do manage to get strain/injury working please post it, I use that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laucian View Post
    I've only run into 2 possible issues, the size/reach "auras" no longer show up.
    All the colored auras are gone as noted in the Preliminary, I've edited this to include reach auras. They were never correct for reach greater than 5ft as they only made a square and didn't respect 10/15/10 reach. I have no intention to change this, you can edit them back in yourself if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    All the colored auras are gone as noted in the Preliminary, I've edited this to include reach auras. They were never correct for reach greater than 5ft as they only made a square and didn't respect 10/15/10 reach. I have no intention to change this, you can edit them back in yourself if you wish.
    >_< I've read that several times and still missed that. Also the reach thing is correct I believe FAQ

Ping works both on 3.3.5A and 3.3.6 (test release). Are you pinging an image the player has access to? Upload a video or GIF.
    Yes. I had two copies of FG running side by side, one host and one client, both looking at the same map shared by the host. The sync client view function works just fine, changing the view on the client side, but for some reason the client view doesn't change when I ping (shift-click right?) on the host.

And for all my comments above, this was done in a test campaign with only AK loaded.

EDIT: Attached a zip file containing a video: akpingdemo.zip
    Last edited by darrenan; June 16th, 2018 at 05:27.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    With just your extension loaded, and a brand new empty campaign, the apply effect to all selected tokens doesn't work for me.
    Are you sure you have nothing else loaded. If any script is haphazardly replaced you'll get unintended side effects. They're interwoven in areas that might not seem obvious.

Regarding your ping issues, the host side not snapping is on purpose. I've found this disorients the host, and if you look at other VTTs, they don't "self ping" if the intention of the ping is to get other clients to focus. Some might, but this lack of self pinging in AK is by design.
    Last edited by Ken L; June 16th, 2018 at 05:28.

OK I can live without those features I guess.

Hey, really great extension! Congrats!

But i found something odd happening...

When I use the encounter to populate the map and CT with the monsters for the encounter the token doesn't come invisible. All players can see the token and can also move it... When I click in the Hostile icon in the CT, it goes normal hiding again...

Thread Information