DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Why must this platform be so bloody frustrating

OK... new problem.

FG was working fine yesterday. Was working fine this morning. Just tried to power it up to work on my campaign. Notice something is weird.

When the load screen shows up, the "Get external address" button (or whatever it is called) is unresponsive. Create game seems to work, and Join game. When I click Load Game, the menu comes up, and I can see my campaign. However, when I click Start... nothing happens. I can click the button, but no response.

I tried running the updater. It says it is experiencing a NETWORK error of some kind, and can't connect to the update server (yet everything is up and running).

Any have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuulk View Post
    OK... new problem.

FG was working fine yesterday. Was working fine this morning. Just tried to power it up to work on my campaign. Notice something is weird.

When the load screen shows up, the "Get external address" button (or whatever it is called) is unresponsive. Create game seems to work, and Join game. When I click Load Game, the menu comes up, and I can see my campaign. However, when I click Start... nothing happens. I can click the button, but no response.

I tried running the updater. It says it is experiencing a NETWORK error of some kind, and can't connect to the update server (yet everything is up and running).

Any have any ideas?
    Sounds like you're having a network connectivity issue with FG update servers. Only time I've seen similar behavior was when my internet connectivity was done.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I thought so too... but I double checked connectivity... everything else is working fine. Weird, right? Any ideas on other potential causes? I tried a full system restart, router reset... the works. No joy.

This is all pointing towards problems communicating with the Fantasy Grounds server over the Internet - to get your external IP address, to register your alias when you start your campaign and to do the update.

Check that your network connection on your computer is set to Private, not public. Double check that your security and/or anti-virus application is set to allow FantasyGrounds.exe to access the network.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Checked network connection and settings. All good. Checked firewalls and the like (even tried disabling). No change.

I feel like I am going crazy here. What on earth could this be?

Updates are working OK for me, so it's not a generic FG central server problem.

So, it will be something local to your connection causing the connection to be blocked - either on your computer or as part of the routing to the Internet.

For example, another FG user has recently had issues with Malwarebytes blocking the FG connection to the network: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post392678

See if you can ping fg-web.fantasygrounds.com from a command prompt.

I'd recommend checking your security software again - even if it is disabled there are sometimes lower level processes that are still in action. Whitelist FantasyGrounds.exe to be sure that it is not being blocked/restricted.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    If all that checks out, it might be good to check with SmiteWorks to see if you IP address is being blocked by the FG Server due to various issues. Some pools of IP addresses have had to be blocked in the past. Thought I doubt if it worked before it wouldn't now because of this, but worth checking into.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Wow. That link was super helpful. I also have MalwareBytes and it turned out to be exactly the same issue. Disabled MB and now FG works fine. Phew. Thanks for the assist, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuulk View Post
    Wow. That link was super helpful. I also have MalwareBytes and it turned out to be exactly the same issue. Disabled MB and now FG works fine. Phew. Thanks for the assist, mate!
    Great news!

Thread Information