STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Current HP Extension for 5E Ruleset - FGC

MODERATOR: Reported not compatible with current ruleset code as of 2021-02-16. And original developer has posted in post #90 that they are no longer maintaining. An alternative that has been updated can be found here.

FGU version available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...et-FGU-Version

This is an extension for the 5e Ruleset to add player and NPC a new field containing Current HP to the player Character Sheets and the Combat Tracker. Below is more information about this extension. This has been created as a new thread as the original extension was created by xxXEliteXxx. I've taken it and added further support for updating in the Combat Tracker and NPCs support.

Changes and Additions
    • Adds a new field to the Character Sheet and Combat Tracker that displays the Current HP of creatures.
    • The value of this new current hp field updates when the number of wounds are changed on the Character Sheet of Combat Tracker.
    • The value of wounds will update if the value of current hp is changed in either the Character Sheet or Combat Tracker.
    • Changed the display order on the Character Sheet in the Wounds area from WND—MAX—TMP to HP—MAX—TMP—WND to better reflect the order on the Combat Tracker and more logical display the information (for me).
    • Added Current HP to the Host and Client Combat Tracker.
    • Updated script to update the color of both Current HP and Wounds on the Character Sheet and Combat Tracker.
    • Adjusted labels on Combat Tracker to reflect the all caps lettering of the character sheet.

Update 10/28/2018 Version 2.5
    • Fixed bug where Using Edit Current HP in the Combat Tracker wouldn't update the Current HP on the Character Sheet.
    • Fixed bug where the health condition color wasn't updating when modifying the Current HP from the Host Machine to the Client Machines.

Here is a video showing how the extension works for both the GM and Players

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 17th, 2021 at 03:42. Reason: Added FGU version link

Quick question. I downloaded the ext., changed the ruleset as indicated but nothing is working. The extension is not showing up on the load campaign screen to activate it and in game all I have is the HP/TMP/WND categories on the CT and PC sheet.
    What am I doing wrong? Do you need to have both extensions installed?
    This is what I have:
    https://i.imgur.com/AgY1gZB.jpg
    Last edited by Doomskull; June 4th, 2018 at 05:46.

Blog Entries
    where did you put the extension. the extension wont work if ts not selected. you cant select it if its not stored in /extensions folder

@Tielc - the extension file in post #1 is invalid in two ways:
    1) The files needs to be zipped up from within the extension directory, not from outside of it.
    2) Use normal ZIP compression, not 7z.

@Doomskull - this is why you can't see the extension in FG.

Recommendation to any extension developer reading this - please always do a test on your extension .ext file before publicly sharing. It saves wasted time if there is an issue. Even experienced developers mess up sometimes, we forget something or click the wrong thing, etc. - I always test the .ext file for any extensions I create before uploading to the forums.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    @Tielc - the extension file in post #1 is invalid in two ways:
    1) The files needs to be zipped up from within the extension directory, not from outside of it.
    2) Use normal ZIP compression, not 7zip.

@Doomskull - this is why you can't see the extension in FG.

Recommendation to any extension developer reading this - please always do a test on your extension .ext file before publicly sharing. It saves wasted time if there is an issue. Even experienced developers mess up sometimes, we forget something or click the wrong thing, etc. - I always test the .ext file for any extensions I create before uploading to the forums.
    I would also recommend in this case that the developer just override the "record_char_main.xml" because expecting folks to know what you're talking about and get it all right is probably expecting to much (just watched the video).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I would also recommend in this case that the developer just override the "record_char_main.xml" because expecting folks to know what you're talking about and get it all right is probably expecting to much (just watched the video).
    Yeah, modifying the base ruleset means that the next time an update is ran their edited 5E.pak file would be overwritten. So best to include in the extension if at all possible. The whole file doesn't need to be overwritten - just the <windowclass name="charsheet_main"> section.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 4th, 2018 at 15:58.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    To give you an example of what I mean. In the extension.xml file use the something like this:

Code:
    <base>
        <includefile source="campaign/record_char_main.xml" />
    </base>
    Will override the the record_char_main.xml file included in the 5E.pak file with your fixed version. Just make sure to create "campaign/" and place your working copy of the xml there.

If/when Smiteworks updates the label to have a name then you can just use a merge/replace.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Extensions are a best effort by the developers done on their free time. This whole telling people how to release something freely developed is hogwash.

@Tielc, you have a minor bug in your packaging as pointed out above, other than that, from the video it looks like a neat addition, I'll have to use it in my 5e one-shots.

Thank you very much for making this Tielc!
    Last edited by Sacksquatch; June 4th, 2018 at 14:21.

Ya bud, that worked. Thanks!

Thread Information