DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Sorry it took me so long to reply.
    I tried using the "sample 5E campaign" provided with FG. I only activated this one extension and no modules.
    Temporary hit points do not seem to be a part of the current HP calculation. Please see the screenshot.
    temphp.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Armandeus View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to reply.
    I tried using the "sample 5E campaign" provided with FG. I only activated this one extension and no modules.
    Temporary hit points do not seem to be a part of the current HP calculation. Please see the screenshot.
    Temporary hit points are not added into the current hit points. They remain as a separate entity and are used up before any wounds are applied to actual hit points. In order to test add an NPC to the Combat Tracker and apply some damage to your PC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you, Zacchaeus. If you have a look at the screenshot, you can see that is what I tried, and that the temp. HP were not handled in the manner you described.
    Specifically, Ravina should have 29 HP remaining and the temp HP should be 0, but she has only 25 and temp is still 5.
    Last edited by Armandeus; February 14th, 2020 at 09:55.

Thank you, Zacchaeus. If you have a look at the screenshot, you can see that is what I tried, and that the temp. HP were not handled in the manner you described.
    Specifically, Ravina should have 29 HP remaining and the temp HP should be 0, but she has only 25 and temp is still 5.
    No, what you did was just edit the boxes on the character sheet and you can edit those boxes to whatever values that you want. In order to test things out add the character to the Combat tracker, give them some temp hit points and then add an enemy to the Combat tracker and drag and drop some damage onto the PC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; February 14th, 2020 at 10:37.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you. I did as you said and it worked correctly. Unlike with regular HP, these temporary HP will not respond to wounds inputted manually.

Unlike with regular HP, these temporary HP will not respond to wounds inputted manually.
    That's correct. Because if you edit the wounds field, that's all you're doing - changing the value to what you want it to be. You're not actually applying damage as a process, so FG doesn't apply anything to a manual edit: no temp HP, no resistance, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So question just to make sure I am not missing something easy.

I was hoping that this extension could be utilized to better work with things like Aid and Heroes Feast which change a characters MAX HP and also to take into effect damage from things like necrotic which it also lowers the targets MAX HP for a period.

I am not seeing a way where if I change the MAX HP for the character (for when say Aid is cast on the character and should get 5 MAX HP increase for 8 hours), then the characters original HP MAX gets lost.

Is there anyway to have the characters original MAX HP maintained somewhere? I am currently utilizing a Note to do this when needed but it is something that I would love to work strictly through the character sheet/combat tracker.

I'm not sure if you're keeping up with this, but it currently glitches out if used with Combat Enhancer, any idea on how to fix that?

The author of this extension isn’t around much so I don’t expect this one to be updated any time soon. I’d suggest disabling this extension meantime.

I expected as much, but was hoping to be proven wrong. I was able to come up with a workaround, but it disables slightly more than I want it to.

Thread Information