DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can't find optimal token design information

So I was looking here in the forums and on the wiki and I cannot find any guidance on what are optimal proportions for the images used as tokens. Also are .jpg or .png better because I'm not familiar with transparency in .jpg I only have used .png for that. I assume I cannot be the first person to ask so it is my weak search-fu at play. Can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

Finally, is there a way to set a different image for a pc and an npc to use as their portrait so one is the portrait and the other is the token on battlemaps?

Thanks!

Tokens are always .png files. Make them 100x100 for medium or less; 200x200 for large and 300x300 for anything bigger.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

And to change the token for a PC or NPC simply drag the new token to the token frame on the character sheet or in the combat tracker, then drag the updated token from the CT to the map.

Additionally - the official SmiteWorks guidelines for small or smaller creatures is to use a token size of 75x75 pixels. Otherwise, the guidelines are what Zacchaeus mentions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    And to change the token for a PC or NPC simply drag the new token to the token frame on the character sheet or in the combat tracker, then drag the updated token from the CT to the map.

Additionally - the official SmiteWorks guidelines for small or smaller creatures is to use a token size of 75x75 pixels. Otherwise, the guidelines are what Zacchaeus mentions.
    Is there a way though to make the character portrait for a pc different from their token? on the character sheet they are two different pictures on opposite sides of the main page but when I update either one it changes both.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Tokens are always .png files. Make them 100x100 for medium or less; 200x200 for large and 300x300 for anything bigger.
    Thanks! Is there a way this could be added to the wiki so other people can find it easily? And thanks Trenloe for the sizes for small ones!

This is already in the wiki at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/..._-_Token_Packs, but the pixel sizes given are somewhat different than what has been posted in this thread:

Tokens should be 50px by 50px for smaller than human size tokens, 100px by 100px for human sized tokens, and 200px by 200px for anything larger than human.

The ‘official’ sizes were changed a few months ago and I have been updating all of the 5e tokens as and when I have cause to do other things in the module. The three sizes are as noted in my post above. However this is only for official products so you can really make the tokens any size you want. I would not make the sizes too much smaller or too much larger than those dimensions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    Is there a way though to make the character portrait for a pc different from their token? on the character sheet they are two different pictures on opposite sides of the main page but when I update either one it changes both.
    Yes. Double-click inside the portrait frame on the PC sheet to open the portrait selection interface. Once the portrait is selected, drag your preferred token onto the token spot.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Drag a token into the right hand token placeholder. This will overwrite any portrait that's in there. By default the allocating a portrait also fills in the token slot if there isn't already a token there.

As I mentioned in the post quoted: "And to change the token for a PC or NPC simply drag the new token to the token frame on the character sheet or in the combat tracker, then drag the updated token from the CT to the map."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information