DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... so my Samsung S2 might work?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Interesting

You don't need to use Steam to run FG on android I have used a program Splashtop though I would recommend attaching a mouse via an OTG cable and unless you have huge tablet like android on a TV I don't thing you could GM of a tablet. Splashtop also works over the internet so for example if you were away on a business trip you could get your Mrs to turn on your PC then remote in from your hotel room and not miss your game!

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Yes you would have to purchase everything through steam for this to work.
    As others have pointed out, this is incorrect.

The Steam "version" of FG is simply a stub that launches the normal FantasyGrounds.exe application - which then accesses all of your DLC, campaigns, community content, etc. as normal. Even Steam FG purchases aren't installed through Steam - you need to sync your purchases to FG and then the FG updater installs them.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have the Steam Link app for my tablet, but it does not let me run Fantasy Grounds on my tablet...what am I doing wrong?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FirunaDaske View Post
    I have the Steam Link app for my tablet, but it does not let me run Fantasy Grounds on my tablet...what am I doing wrong?
    Run FG on your PC, then use Steam Link to stream it (display it) to your tablet. It's like a remote desktop.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you guys. That answers my question.

Welcome back Lindsey Fan. Hope to hear from you some more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Run FG on your PC, then use Steam Link to stream it (display it) to your tablet. It's like a remote desktop.
    This is not new technology. I guess the excitement is "Steam".

I have been using a product called TeamViewer for a couple years now. There is an IOS app so I can use my iPad. Fantasy Grounds runs on a remote computer (remote being in the US while I'm in Mexico, or in my home office while I'm in the living room) and I control it via my iPad, my iPhone 8+, my laptop, …

BTW I have done this to avoid the Port Forwarding issue when I don't know or can't come up with a password for the router in a remote location also.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; June 11th, 2018 at 04:26.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thread Information