DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Cool Fantasy Grounds works pretty good on an Android Tablet.

I wonder the ratio of people between those who think that the Holy Grail of VTT has just arrived versus thinking this is click-bait.

I also wonder if you all know this already and I am late to the party. A quick search of the forums appears to show no one has caught this yet, so I will spend my precious “vertical hours” typing up my exclusive scoop. Then it is back to bed for the day, comfortably reading my trove of paid content on a light-weight ASUS tablet.

Steam has released a beta of their Steam Link for Android devices – phones/tablets/refrigerators?. While Steam Link for tvs was a coup for home entertainment, this beta is still in the ho-hum category. That being said, there is one app that looks fantastic: the world’s premier VTT!
    The only bug I could find was if you click “update” away from a PC. Windows sends an alert asking you for permission. It’s an interrupt so I don’t know if even Steam could fix that. So don’t click that option when you are not on computer.

Chatting and typing take the effort you would expect they do on a phone or tablet, but even if FG was straight ported to Android, that would always be the case. (how do people do it on Troll20?). Rolling works and is quite cathartic!

But the penultimate function is getting to read your paid content on a device other than a 20” screen. I remember people griping before about not having a pdf or some other way “outside” of FG to view their paid content. Now you can! And it’s even better than a pdf, because all veterans know how much better it is to read the hyper-linked and well organized presentation that is FG. Plus tables. Yes tables work!

So yeah, go check that out and see how cool it is. Your mileage may vary depending on how well you setup your machine or can adapt to touch screen finger commands. I will leave that support issues to the rest of this wonderful community. I am only an FG fangirl here to collect her XP and go back to bed!

Ciao bellos!
    -M
    Last edited by LindseyFan; June 2nd, 2018 at 14:36.

Blog Entries
    Nice. This is exciting news. Thanks

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This was well spotted.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

So, not a steam person here. If I wanted to buy a cheap android tablet as a fantasy grounds reading device, would I have to re-buy stuff through steam, or how would that work if I've bought everything through the fantasy grounds store?

All you need to do is to add Fantasy Grounds to your Steam account using your license key.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by timdog88 View Post
    So, not a steam person here. If I wanted to buy a cheap android tablet as a fantasy grounds reading device, would I have to re-buy stuff through steam, or how would that work if I've bought everything through the fantasy grounds store?
    Yes you would have to purchase everything through steam for this to work.

The only thing that gets shared are the base license keys.

Also YEA! Lindsey is back!

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    Lack of tablet "support" is one of the most common group complaints i hear. Something like this would be incredible. I was able to make this 'sort of' work on an ipad using parallels access, but the touch interface leaves much to be desired. I even started laying out some rough ideas for a skin that used proportionately larger buttons. I remember the big font extension was a part of being able to attempt this. Anyhoo, great news, i will give this a shot.

I haven't bought anything on Steam for FG, yet I was still able to access all my content (5E PHB, DMG, MM, etc) on my Android phone.

Not sure what NylanFS was thinking, maybe I misunderstood what he typed.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Yes you would have to purchase everything through steam for this to work.
    Not true.

Thread Information