STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 28 First ... 81617181920 ... Last

Thread: 13A Bug Reports

Pushed a hotfix to address the errors you were experiencing. Please provide further feedback if you experience any other errors
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks - that appears to have fixed most of it.

I'm still getting an error when opening character sheets. It says:
    Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_skill.lua"]:26: attempt to index global 'statname' (a nil value)

This isn't massive problem, as it only happens when I open a character sheet for the first time, but if there is an easy fix, that would be wonderful.

Thanks again.

Chris

Ok, thank you. I will check to see what is causing that.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Hi! I experienced something Odd when creating characters, I don't know if this is just happening to me or I'm doing something wrong, If this has already been reported please disregard my message.

On the character sheet: I'm adding the details for my character, name, class, and level, everything seems to be going fine, but the problem comes when I start to modify the character's stats, please see attached image for reference and evidence on what's happening.

13A has a weird way to add modifiers for AC, MENTAL and PHYSICAL Defenses, on the formulas below X is a fixed number depending the character class chosen

AC = X + middle mod of Con/Dex/Wis + Level
    PHYSICAL DEFENSE= X + middle modifier of Str/Con/Dex + Level
    MENTAL DEFENSE= X + + middle modifier of Int/Wis/Cha + Level

The middle modifier is the in between number on the Stat bonus, lets say a character has a STR=+2, CON=+1 and DEX=0 the middle mod would be 1

Taking this in consideration, when I start modifying the stats of my player characters, the defense numbers go crazy as detailed on the image attached, when you add level ( that also factors on the final number ) it works as intended, you add Misc Mod it works, but when you modify any stat ( and thus, the bonus ) the defenses go crazy again.

A workaround I found is that after the numbers go nuts, I just manually modify the MISC mod on the COMBAT Tab ( Change it to +1 or anything ) and then the calculation works again, but sometimes while I'm GM'ing, if there's any change to the mod and I forget to do this, the defenses doesn't calculate correctly and it screws the combat a little bit, I don't know if this is a known issue, but it would be great if this could be fixed.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone

Thanks a lot for your time!

13A Detailed Issue.jpg

I investigated your reported issue and you are correct that they are not following the 13th Age formula you have laid out in your post. Unfortunately this part of the code uses 4E very heavily. I also did a search of the 13th Age forums to find how it was done prior. It appears the best course of action right now would be to use the modifier boxes to zero in the correct numbers for your character.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I investigated your reported issue and you are correct that they are not following the 13th Age formula you have laid out in your post. Unfortunately this part of the code uses 4E very heavily. I also did a search of the 13th Age forums to find how it was done prior. It appears the best course of action right now would be to use the modifier boxes to zero in the correct numbers for your character.
    Ok no problem, thanks a lot for your time looking into this!

Hi,

In addition to the error I wrote about above, I'm receiving the following error messages which are resulting in me not being able to build encounters (monsters won't drag into the encounter):
    Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua"]:35: attempt to index global 'reflex' (a nil value)
    Script execution error: [string "campaign/encounter.lua"]:16: attempt to index global 'type' (a function value)
    Script execution error: [string "campaign/encounter.lua"]:57: attempt to index global 'type' (a function value)

Thanks!

Chris

Can you verify that you're not running any extensions? Or can you try without extensions loaded?

Thanks,
    JPG

Hi,

Only a theme one. I'll try without it.

Chris

Hi,

No - doesn't help.

Chris

Thread Information