DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 28 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last

Thread: 13A Bug Reports

I will be looking over the issues you have reported. I've personally not used the ruleset, so please respond with the steps you used to create the issue so I can recreate them on my end if they are automation related.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I asked superteddy57 to help me look into the issues reported by @phantomwhale, @Grail Starseeker, @Bradius, @DarkEbon.

As he mentioned, neither of us are familiar with the game system, and there is no active developer. However, we'll do what we can to help patch up issues, if you guys can help by getting us exact steps to recreate. Assume we know nothing about the game system, so the more detailed the better.

Regards,
    JPG

@phantomwhale I was able to track down and fix the anchoring of the label and fixed it's width. I will have to do more digging for the weaponlists and the encoding issues to get those sorted. I'm not sure what you were referring to with toggleable value button. Can you provide an image please?

@Grail Starseeker Can you break down a bit more what the proper rule is needed in this case?

@Bradius I have verified that the ability checks are not adding the modifier into the box and only using half of the modifier. What is the correct way this is needing to be calculated?

13th Age1.PNG

@DarkEbon I created a level 4 character and later a level 6 character and the attack uses the modifier in the Total box. It appears to calculate the level bonus and the ability modifier. I was not able to replicate the level being added in twice. Can you show me some images of this being done and the steps you have performed to replicate this?

13th Age2.PNG
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I downloaded the ruleset and started to re-create my campaign's characters in it (6th level - we have moved online due to Coronavirus lock-downs). It seems there is a problem with powers and how the die rolls are calculated - basic attacks appear to work correctly.

The modifiers for power rolls are, however, much too high. It appears, in most cases, that the level is being added to the modifiers twice (it should be added once), but one example seemed to be a little off even from this and we've not been able to work it out. Unfortunately, whilst the ruleset allows you to click a button to see how modifiers have been calculated, it doesn't seem to be detailed enough in this case.

It would probably be easier to share the campaign files with you, telling you what the modifiers should be. Is there an address to send them to?

Thanks again

Chris

You can send the zipped up campaign folder to [email protected]; and we'll get it forwarded to supperteddy57.

Please include details about the PC and rolls that are impacted; so that we can find them.

Regards,
    JPG

@Bradius I have verified that the ability checks are not adding the modifier into the box and only using half of the modifier. What is the correct way this is needing to be calculated?
    It should be calculated as stat bonus + level.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hi guys,

The devs will need to know EXACTLY what and how it works.
    Bear in mind many RPGs are interpreted (misinterpreted?) differently by different groups.
    Seeing as these sound like pretty core changes it would be good if those that are highlighting the issue can
    a) agree that it is wrong
    b) agree on exactly what it should be
    c) post an extract from the rules to support that

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I asked superteddy57 to help me look into the issues reported by @phantomwhale, @Grail Starseeker, @Bradius, @DarkEbon.

As he mentioned, neither of us are familiar with the game system, and there is no active developer. However, we'll do what we can to help patch up issues, if you guys can help by getting us exact steps to recreate. Assume we know nothing about the game system, so the more detailed the better.

Regards,
    JPG
    Some of the issues that are being mentioned again we're previously reported and never resolved. I had previously outlined the power miscalculation (due to incorrectly adding the level twice) and the miss damage (incorrectly following the level damage progression) and maybe a couple others. I'm on my phone at the moment, but later today I'll dig back through the thread and link to the posts where the math had been outlined...both what it should be and what it is.
    I primarily use FG for:
    13th Age
    Cypher (Numenera)

@DarkEbon I created a level 4 character and later a level 6 character and the attack uses the modifier in the Total box. It appears to calculate the level bonus and the ability modifier. I was not able to replicate the level being added in twice. Can you show me some images of this being done and the steps you have performed to replicate this?

13th Age2.PNG
    Thanks for checking. The problem I'm having isn't with basic attacks (as demonstrated in your image) - those appear to be working fine. It's with powers. Similarly, if it was powers that I'd added myself, I'd assume that I've made a mistake somewhere, but the ones in question came with the ruleset. I've sent an e-mail including more detail and the campaign files.
    Last edited by DarkEbon; April 1st, 2020 at 23:00.

Awesome, let me see about the powers. Sorry I thought you were referring to basic attack rolls. We will get this straight! I'll test out powers and see what we can do.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information