DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 28 First ... 142223242526 ... Last

Thread: 13A Bug Reports

I just checked in a fix, will be out next Tuesday.

(Please forgive this cross-post for the FGU Support Forum, but I realised it may be better served here.)

I'm using the official 13th Age products, running Fantasy Grounds Unity. Latest update (yesterday)
    No other extensions as far as I know.

And I get a persistent error when PC or Monsters try to attack (regular weapon melee attack) a target.
    Simply rolling attack without any target selected seem to work.

But with a target I get a Script Execution Error.
    [string "13th_Age:scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:475: attempt to ... (can't remember exactly what this part said) ... 'oTargetEffectsNode' (a nil value)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I cannot imagine this is ageneric problem, since I can't find anyone else complaining about it, so it's probably me. Right?

/ulf

EDIT: Applying Damage to target works fine for some reason. And playing around with adding and removing creatures from the Action Tracker... sometimes it works with Attack Rolls as well.... but I cannot figure out why it works sometimes and sometimes not. Most of the time the error is there and then it is persistent.
    Last edited by GhostWolf1969; October 21st, 2022 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostWolf1969 View Post
    ...I cannot imagine this is ageneric problem, since I can't find anyone else complaining about it, so it's probably me. Right?...
    I'm late to the party with a reply, but anyhow...I was doing some work on my Midgard World adaptation last night and didn't notice any Attack errors when testing NPC and PC builds. That was the case whether I was testing combat on a map image or just within the Combat Tracker.

...And playing around with adding and removing creatures from the Action Tracker...
    By "Action Tracker", I take it that you're referring to the Combat Tracker? For the PCs or NPCs you're attacking with, are they on a map image, or are you just targeting within the Combat Tracker? I ask because, if you're using maps and then deleting and re-adding NPCs or PCs in the combat tracker, I recommend removing the token from the map and then dragging & dropping it to the map from the CT again.

Otherwise, a good way to ensure you have all of the most recent ruleset components for 13th Age, would be to do the following while FGU isn't running:
    Rename the \Fantasy Grounds Unity\rulesets\4E.pak file to something else.
    Rename the \Fantasy Grounds Unity\rulesets\CoreRPG.pak file.
    Rename the \Fantasy Grounds Unity\vault\4E.dat file.
    Rename the \Fantasy Grounds Unity\vault\CoreRPG.dat file.
    And rename the \Fantasy Grounds Unity\vault\13THAGERULESET.dat file.
    Then restart FGU and click the [Check for Updates] button. That will re-download the 13th Age ruleset and the other rulesets it's built upon.
    Renaming the 4E rulesets may not be necessary, as I vaguely recall that ruleset's code was rolled into 13THAGERULESET.dat at some point. I'm not a 100% about that though, so better to rename those files too just in case.
    Last edited by kronovan; November 25th, 2022 at 20:53.

The 13th Age ruleset no longer inherits from 4E. Please replace 4E.pak in the previous post with 13thAge.pak.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostWolf1969 View Post
    (Please forgive this cross-post for the FGU Support Forum, but I realised it may be better served here.)

I'm using the official 13th Age products, running Fantasy Grounds Unity. Latest update (yesterday)
    No other extensions as far as I know.

And I get a persistent error when PC or Monsters try to attack (regular weapon melee attack) a target.
    Simply rolling attack without any target selected seem to work.

But with a target I get a Script Execution Error.
    [string "13th_Age:scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:475: attempt to ... (can't remember exactly what this part said) ... 'oTargetEffectsNode' (a nil value)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I cannot imagine this is ageneric problem, since I can't find anyone else complaining about it, so it's probably me. Right?

/ulf

EDIT: Applying Damage to target works fine for some reason. And playing around with adding and removing creatures from the Action Tracker... sometimes it works with Attack Rolls as well.... but I cannot figure out why it works sometimes and sometimes not. Most of the time the error is there and then it is persistent.
    I"ll see if I can reproduce this.

FYI - Code does not exist in the .dat files. The code (LUA) and UI (xml) are entirely contained within the .pak files.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    The 13th Age ruleset no longer inherits from 4E. Please replace 4E.pak in the previous post with 13thAge.pak.
    Good to have that confirmed - I removed the 4E file references. Note that I do not have a 13thAge.pak file in my \rulesets folder, nor to the best of my memory have I ever had one. I only have the 13THAGERULESET.dat in my \vault folder. So if I'm supposed to have that PAK file, it's not being downloaded by the FGU update manager.

[Edit]
    FYI - Code does not exist in the .dat files. The code (LUA) and UI (xml) are entirely contained within the .pak files.
    Yes, I opened the 13THAGERULESET.dat archive and noticed that it doesn't have any XML or scripts folders - very different than my Call of Cthulhu 7 and Traveller 2 DAT files, which are the rulesets I own which are vaulted. From what you're saying, the 13Age ruleset is not vaulted, which is terrific and welcomed info. Unfortunately as I mentioned above, I don't have a 13Age PAK file to browse the XML or LUA files.
    Last edited by kronovan; November 27th, 2022 at 19:44.

Did you purchase the ruleset? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...13THAGERULESET

That's the only reason I can think of that it wouldn't be in your rulesets folder.

If you did purchase it, then you should contact support.

Yes I've purchased the 13th Age ruleset as well as the bestiary - both bought through Steam. My Steam account is synchronized with my Fantasy Grounds account and the 13th Age products are listed on Steam as having been purchased. Both the 13th Age ruleset and the bestiary DAT files are present in my \vault folder. I renamed both of those files today and both re-downloaded after an update, but still no 13th Age PAK file in my \ruleset folder. The other ruleset (Savage Worlds Adventure Edition) I've purchased that's not vaulted, has it's PAK file in my \ruleset folder.

I'll contact FG support.
    Last edited by kronovan; November 28th, 2022 at 18:25.

Ok, confirmed that this ruleset IS vaulted. Even though I'm the developer, I never was gifted the official copy of the ruleset, so I was seeing the .PAK file I manually generated as part of development/testing.

Thread Information