5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    while i can understand an honest smoker, since they usually don't chain smoke while streaming. the vapers are a problem. glad i was warned before finally getting around to this on YT. i have already placed my smokes out of reach. these vapers dont understand that the smoke reflex is worsened by vapers because every other minute they jsut pick up and puff. while an actual smoker could wait 30 minutes, so the contagion, seeing the smoke from a vaper makes an actual smoker that is addicted to cigarettes reach more often for the real thing.

you can see it with vapers also, one vapes, then everyone else on cams goes to vape after, just like you would expect from an actual cigarette. it seems only to be the kids smoking wacky tobacky and vapers that like to make fancy smoke plumes to impress people. the actual smokers i see you might see the cig, but then the smoke if blown offscreen.

and no vaping isnt any safer really. you exchange the carcinogens from the tobacco and filter, for the burning cotton and polyester in the tincture wick. the only "safe" is the ones you get when in hospital that is a nicotine inhaler, because it doesnt use heat or any burning compounds.

on, enough rambling, i want to see what this undermountain has in it.. off to the YT videoooooo!
    Glad I gave it up years ago and never got into the vaping craze. Plenty of information out there how both are quite bad for you, pick your poison. "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

now you have Sean Connery saying Ms. Galore's first name over and over in my head, because I am watching the month long marathon of the 20 bond movies collection on TV.

not entirely related to Undermountain, but appreciate the "reviews" comments made in that YT video. too often lately people just blow smoke up other people's posterior and afraid to critique anything because a certain group thinks all criticism is "hate speech".

also glad Undermountain isn't being jsut a copy/paste travesty like Yawning Portal where things don't work from one edition to the next as written and it is being rewritten for the edition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    also glad Undermountain isn't being jsut a copy/paste travesty like Yawning Portal where things don't work from one edition to the next as written and it is being rewritten for the edition.
    I like to think that it's being written in a way it has never been written before. As you mentioned, it's all being developed in 5E, so their are no monster inconsistencies or failure to adapt trap rules etc. But, I'm detailing each and every location, and not just with random entries.

Though true 'dungeon ecology' is difficult on such a massive project, I'm am striving for it. Each area has a main power group, and something that is is going on or reason for things to be (mostly) the way they are. Sure, you can play it as a kick in teh door and fight (or not) what's there. But you can also wonder (and figure out?) why the goblins in this area is such a large and well organized tribe. And what are priests of Kelemvor doing in this region? etc

I'll be looking forward to what people think when we get it published soon!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Like the Whale in the Hitchhikers Guide...

Never mind, hey, this is really exciting, so much to find out about, so much to look forward to, I’m quite dizzy with anticipation …

Blog Entries
    We're almost there, the project is in the proofing stages now. Want to hear more? I was on the DMsGuild with Travis Legge. Check it out if you want to hear the latest; https://youtu.be/2tiiUwOLrfI

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Lord Entrails,

Any new news on Ultimate Undermountain?

Kirklandone

Blog Entries
    I had plans... but life keeps interfeering...

I wish I had news because the first level is so close to being done. Not sure if I will finally have time this weekend to start back up. But interest helps me stay motivated, so never hesitate to poke!

No worries LordEntrails,

I know how life tends to get in the way of hobbies. I also understand the challenge of creating a module (or a conversion of a modules) can be. I have done 4-5 DCC modules for FG for my own use.

Take care and I look forward to seeing the results of your hard work.
    Kirklandone

My brother is planning on taking up the FGU Dm role this summer and undermountain is his goal (I have bought all 2e/3e FG stuff so far), so you will have a buyer guaranteed. I get to do a crash course with him in the next month ( he is the IT guy, programmer guy) and I am hoping he likes the FG interface. will keep checking in.

Blog Entries
    Great to hear this. I've resumed working on this, but hadn't wanted to say anything until I was actually done. No promises on when, but progress is happening

Have your brother reach out to me if interested. I'm always looking for serious feedback.

Thread Information