5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unable to Select a Ruleset

I just started, and ran the updater, yet when I go to create a test campaign, any ruleset I select is asking me to make a purchase. I thought the ultimate version of the program was supposed to come...

Also, I found it a bit confusing that I was given 2 registration keys. One labeled "Fantasy Grounds" and another labeled "Fantasy Grounds - Ultimate Upgrade". Could it be that I simply made a mistake with the registration somehow, and that's why no rulesets are available?

Thanks in advance.
    Laukai

Hi,

If you had a standard license and upgraded to ultimate, then you should just put the ultimate key in the setup (along with the registered name and password). After that it should update the content.

Although selecting rulesets (the included ones) is available in all versions so the license key may not be the problem.

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure someone will be along to resolve your issue

Blog Entries
    When you start FG, what does it say in the top right corner? "3.3.5 Ultimate?" "3.3.5 Free?" Something else?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I tried checking the permissions on the folder, and the account I am logged in with has Full Control over everything from the top down on the Fantasy Grounds folder.

It shows 3.3.5 Ultimate

I changed the data folder to a spot on the C: drive, and it updated. for some reason it doesn't like the folder in the "AppData/Fantasy Grounds" folder.

What permissions are needed to run with the "AppData/Fantasy Grounds" on a network location?

Is it AppData or do you mean %appdata%
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Yes... Using Windows 10 in a Server 2016 environment, Roaming profiles and folder relocation turned on, using DFS for fault tolerance.

The path is as follows (please note, that sensitive data has been changed to protect the innocent):
    \\domain.local\Profiles\UserName\AppData\Roaming\F antasy Grounds

Thanks again,
    Laukai
    Last edited by Laukai; May 28th, 2018 at 04:09.

Blog Entries
    Laukai

You require RWM permissions to the Data Folder.
    One thing that **might** be happening if you are getting soem rulesets/data down but not all is the encrypted data may not be liking the network location.
    I dont believe you can move the encrypted vault files from computer to computer (I havent tried but some other posts suggest that) and the network location or the roaming profiles or the redirected folders could be conflicting with that?

Thread Information