FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    Naurthoron understood. On page 5 of this thread FeatherRin posted a fix for the original ext. If you get it or my repost with tweaks of it that version should work for you. My last repost of it was on page 8 the fifth from the top.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    Naurthoron understood. On page 5 of this thread FeatherRin posted a fix for the original ext. If you get it or my repost with tweaks of it that version should work for you. My last repost of it was on page 8 the fifth from the top.
    Thank you, I was pretty sure running the one from post #70, but re downloading it and trying again after the second patch I am not sure why but in the end it works!
    I must have messed with versions when trying extensions due to the latest patch.
    Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    As this is likely not getting any updates, I would like to point out Random Treasure Dops by Troy Monteith and Rob Twohy on DMs Guild. Yes, it does cost some cash, but it's far superior to this extension and reliably updated. (I'm not affiliated in any way).
    In combination with Map Parcels by Bill Perry and Grim Press, this becomes unbeatable, trust me on this one . (Also not affiliated in any way)

Cheers
    Superior in functionality, yes, but also extremely confusing and cumbersome
    I’ve read the instructions multiple times before finally giving up and rolling back to this extension that just requires a handful of hours to be properly set-up
    Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by arkanis View Post
    I’ve read the instructions multiple times before finally giving up and rolling back to this extension that just requires a handful of hours to be properly set-up
    Just my 2 cents
    I'm not sure what you mean.
    It takes one click to make any table roll for loot. And it takes 3 clicks to make any condition for that table work, eg challenge rating.

Hours to set up? Minutes!
    Last edited by SirMotte; May 8th, 2021 at 06:51.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean.
    It takes one click to make any table roll for loot. And it takes 3 clicks to make any condition for that table work, eg challenge rating.

Hours to set up? Minutes!
    Not in my experience, and I said hours counting “writing” the treasure tables from scratch.
    If not it’s just renaming tables

What tables where you using with this extension? Because you should be able to recycle them.

Just my 2 cents
    Hi! Creator of the NPC Random Treasure Drops extension here. Curious if this point of view comes from a place before table conditions were established? There’s much less need for duplicate tables now. Conditions that look for text can use “/“ as an “or”(so you could have a condition for Name contains knight/goblin” and the table will roll for a Goblin or knight npc).

Setting up table conditions is incredibly easy and fast and only needs to be done once. I generally only have the individual treasure tables, mundane loot, and spell components tables.

Using the random spellbook generator in tandum can provide you spellbooks of wizard caster npcs as well now

And the new harvesting rules allows you to turn parcels (say like those from monster loot) into “harvesting parcels” which can be pulled from an npc sheet, and either use a random treasure parcel to generate a parcel, or by using Map Parcels, will populate the map with disposable parcels.

If you have any concerns or questions you can always join me in discord and either I or others would be happy to help get you going. Perhaps with some experienced users advice, you might see how much stone can be saved with NPC Random Treasure Drops.

Take care for now (disappears again)

I gave up because multiple nuisances, the mortal offense perhaps being that it was annoying to include the dozens of humanoids subtypes one by one to filter every other type out.

I gave up because multiple nuisances, the mortal offense perhaps being that it was annoying to include the dozens of humanoids subtypes one by one to filter every other type out.
    One doesn’t need to consider the subtypes unless your campaign has things specific to those subtypes. You could just have “type contains humanoid” for example, rather than a table for orc, goblinoid, elf and such

Edit, so one table could have the condition “type contains goblin/orc/kenku” and it will roll for any of those subtypes if you wanted too.
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; May 8th, 2021 at 19:42.

Couldn’t make it work unless included every single humanoid alive in the version I tried. Shelved it and never tried it again, might do again to test if there has been any improvement since then.

Thread Information