DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanis View Post
    Couldn’t make it work unless included every single humanoid alive in the version I tried. Shelved it and never tried it again, might do again to test if there has been any improvement since then.
    That’s unfortunate. I would recommend trying it again as I’ve improved it a lot since it’s release. It sounds like you were using “type matches npctypehere” when it sounds like you wanted to use “type contains npctypehere” as “contains” and “match” are a little different

Quote Originally Posted by arkanis View Post
    Couldn’t make it work unless included every single humanoid alive in the version I tried. Shelved it and never tried it again, might do again to test if there has been any improvement since then.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but what you describe is clearly an user error on your part. A simple statement like "type" + "contains" + "humanoid" is sufficient for what you want to do here.

If you like I can send you a video explaining things.

Edit: oh I overlooked pr6i6e6sts answer.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but what you describe is clearly an user error on your part. A simple statement like "type" + "contains" + "humanoid" is sufficient for what you want to do here.

If you like I can send you a video explaining things.

Edit: oh I overlooked pr6i6e6sts answer.
    No offense taken. Back then I found it difficult to debug what was i doing wrong, but now, after pr6i6e6st recomendation I've fired up the extension again and I see there's a verbose option that will help me greatly to identify my mistakes when setting up conditions.

Hi has this been updated to work with the version 4.2.1 Fantasy grounds unity?

Hi MGUMMELT,

For me it's not working. I try to reinstall everything after removing all module and extension. Nothings working always saying: Unable to find matching table

Quote Originally Posted by Guiche007 View Post
    Hi MGUMMELT,

For me it's not working. I try to reinstall everything after removing all module and extension. Nothings working always saying: Unable to find matching table
    I started trying to tear this apart to look into it since it isn't that complex of a script, but I am hitting a bit of a snag (I know next to nothing about how FG data is laid out). When the code tries to get a list of available tables to determine which ones it can use for CR treasure tables, it's only pulling down a subset of tables that are user generated. Not tables created from modules like the DMG. So it can't find any tables that it should. I also noticed that it's wanting to use the Individual Treasure tables by default from the DMG and I think it should probably be using the Treasure Hoard tables to more accurately reflect found treasure for an encounter.

This odd behavior of not finding the tables also explains why it constantly recreates the sample table over and over again because it can't find the category it creates to see that it's already done it before. So if someone can point me to what the tables node is ( currently code uses DB.findNode("tables") then I should be able to fix this extension to a usable state for everyone since it looks like it's been abandoned.

Ok, So i just up and bypassed that part. Told it to just always reference the DMG tables. So the next thing this script seems to do is take what tables it should roll against and compile a temporary table from them and roll against that temporary table (not 100 % sure why). THAT is what's giving the Unable to find matching table error. It acts like it is creating a new table node for the script to roll against and when it actually tries to do that it can't find the table (Again might be partly systemic to the issue of where the getnode for tables isn't returning everything I'd expect it to be returning? Again, just speculation).

If anyone has some earth shattering revelation from any of this please share or fix the extension (trust me I won't be heart broken, I program all day long, doing it in my spare time isn't always high on my list). Otherwise, I'm going to see if I can just make a stripped down version of this thing to streamline it to just a random treasure generator for the DMG tables and that's it.

That's at least something better than the non-working thing we have now.

This would need updating. Its not working anymore

I have Vex's Trinkets, Vex's Treasures, and DMG loaded. The Vex's tables are loaded into Random Treasure Generator Extension category. Anytime I attempt to Generate the system rolls a d1 and says [Table] "INSERT TABLE NAME HERE" = [Unable to find matching table]. I have no experience coding so I am not sure how to access the lua and change the previously mentioned defaulttiers. Am quite excited to get this system up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanderflex View Post
    I have Vex's Trinkets, Vex's Treasures, and DMG loaded. The Vex's tables are loaded into Random Treasure Generator Extension category. Anytime I attempt to Generate the system rolls a d1 and says [Table] "INSERT TABLE NAME HERE" = [Unable to find matching table]. I have no experience coding so I am not sure how to access the lua and change the previously mentioned defaulttiers. Am quite excited to get this system up and running!
    sadly one of the tables needs updating and the creator hasn't come back yet. You can still use, and even modify, the Loot Tables manually if you want to replace or include new items but have to manually roll for each enemy looted based on their CR

Thread Information