DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by RazRaven View Post
    The generator won't roll a second table like rolling from the actual table will. Is there a way to do that?
    It should do; make sure everything is linked properly. It might be the extension that is causing the issue of course. I haven't tested with it. But you can roll on another table as you can see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In FGU, even though, I removed that sample table it keeps generating a new table by default each time I log in.
    The random treasure generator also doesn't use the tables that I put in after deleting the sample table.
    At log in there is an empty table that I have to click away.
    I have a DMG.

Really cool extension, but unfortunately it doesn't like FGU 4.0.0 that much
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; April 4th, 2020 at 18:16.

If this ever gets updated for FGU, it would be highly appreciated. Must have extension that makes life oh so much easier.

Current Extension behavior in FGU 4.0.0:

The Table Group "Random Treasure Generator Extension" is created, but ignored no matter what tables inside are called (eg. CR 1-2, Challenge 02 - 03 aso.)

The Extension then successfully falls back to the DMG Loot Table for the corresponding CR, but only rolls for gold, dice result don't factor in.
    Seems like the temporarily created loot-table has problems parsing the correct information.

Currently this extension does not work and the author was last active in December 2018. Chances are slim that this will get an update anytime soon.

Cheers
    SirMotte
    Last edited by SirMotte; April 21st, 2020 at 12:56. Reason: Test Results

I can generate treasure, but keep having to delete the table to default to the DMG. The table gets recreated every time I restart FG. I delete Tables/Random/Treasure Generator Extension/Sample Random Treasure Table CR 0-99. I'm overlooking something, but what?

I was having the same issue with this extension only using the DMG tables in FGU.

So I looked at the gen_treas.lua and it seems to me that the importTreasureTables() function isn't properly finding the "Random Treasure Generator Extension" table category. So it creates it and adds the sample table.

It also fails to then find any tables in that category and thus won't use any other tables you've made. I'm using VeX's tables here:
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/269...antasy-Grounds

I'm looking at trying to fix this script to properly locate that table category and read in the tables that are there, I'll update if I manage to fix that.

But, in the meantime, I've found a quick fix: just edit the defaultTiers map of tables at the top of the importTreasureTables() function to default to the tables you want to use. I did this for VeX's tables like so:
    function importTreasureTables()
    local defaultTiers=
    {{0,4, "CR 0-4"},
    {5,10, "CR 5-10"},
    {11,16, "CR 11-16"},
    {17,99, "CR 17+"}};
    And now the generator grabs from those tables and properly puts the resulting items (and coins) in a parcel.
    Last edited by mgummelt; June 4th, 2020 at 20:59.

Quote Originally Posted by mgummelt View Post
    I was having the same issue with this extension only using the DMG tables in FGU.

So I looked at the gen_treas.lua and it seems to me that the importTreasureTables() function isn't properly finding the "Random Treasure Generator Extension" table category. So it creates it and adds the sample table.

It also fails to then find any tables in that category and thus won't use any other tables you've made. I'm using VeX's tables here:
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/269...antasy-Grounds

I'm looking at trying to fix this script to properly locate that table category and read in the tables that are there, I'll update if I manage to fix that.

But, in the meantime, I've found a quick fix: just edit the defaultTiers map of tables at the top of the importTreasureTables() function to default to the tables you want to use. I did this for VeX's tables like so:

And now the generator grabs from those tables and properly puts the resulting items (and coins) in a parcel.
    This is really helpful! Thank you very much!
    Last edited by SirMotte; June 4th, 2020 at 22:12.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

So I did fix Olog's Random Treasure Generator in FGU with some lua edits and copying the VeX tables again inside the RTGE category. It works now, but it's kind of a weird fix.

I had to edit the .lua to treat the category return as a string, and I put in some debug prints to make sure it was working. It does find the category. But it wasn't finding the tables.

So then I had to make copies of the original four CR tables, right inside the category they were already in ("Random Treasure Generator Extension") and then it was able to find the tables.

A two-step fix, but it worked. I'm not entirely comfortable with it because I had to do more than just edit the lua. But even when I reverted to the original .lua with my copied tables, it didn't work. So I guess there are two issues here.

EDIT: also got this to work with VeX's tables, by copying them into the RTGE table category.
    Last edited by mgummelt; June 4th, 2020 at 22:43.

Quote Originally Posted by mgummelt View Post
    So I did fix Olog's Random Treasure Generator in FGU with some lua edits and copying the VeX tables again inside the RTGE category. It works now, but it's kind of a weird fix.

I had to edit the .lua to treat the category return as a string, and I put in some debug prints to make sure it was working. It does find the category. But it wasn't finding the tables.

So then I had to make copies of the original four CR tables, right inside the category they were already in ("Random Treasure Generator Extension") and then it was able to find the tables.

A two-step fix, but it worked. I'm not entirely comfortable with it because I had to do more than just edit the lua. But even when I reverted to the original .lua with my copied tables, it didn't work. So I guess there are two issues here.

EDIT: also got this to work with VeX's tables, by copying them into the RTGE table category.
    Will you make your changes available? This extension is a big time saver after all .
    Last edited by SirMotte; June 4th, 2020 at 22:45.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

OOps, deleting this to use a proper attachment
    Last edited by mgummelt; June 4th, 2020 at 22:53.

Sure, try it out, see if it works for you, too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information