5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last
    I am having a weird thing happen. The manuals modules are getting added to the extensions folder and none of the extensions are being downloaded. Also is there a way to not download a module and extension. I don't want any of the ones I check with ignore to be downloaded, but instead it downloads everything. Right now I assume the only way to not download modules is for me to go into the manifest and edit it directly.

DMs Guild Products: Waterdeep primer, Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module
    Current GM Games: DnD 5E Forgotten Realms, DnD 5E Tal'Dorei
    Current Projects: Waterdeep Battlemaps
    Systems of Interest: DnD 5E, 7th Sea
    Random Musing: https://www.jasonhardin.com

BTW I love the idea, but at the moment it seems like using Github and cloning a dev's repo would be just as easy a way to get updates. Especially now that github has the desktop app you don't even need to know git commands to download files. It would be awesome those if the FG developers took this concept and made it a core part of the update.

It would be really nice to have a more formal place to upload modules and extensions as a developer and then have an easy way in FG for a user to download those without having to root around in the forums. There are tons of managers like this for video games (minion comes to mind) and I know Wordpress and other open source applications support this time of install from a community repository.

DMs Guild Products: Waterdeep primer, Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module
    Current GM Games: DnD 5E Forgotten Realms, DnD 5E Tal'Dorei
    Current Projects: Waterdeep Battlemaps
    Systems of Interest: DnD 5E, 7th Sea
    Random Musing: https://www.jasonhardin.com

Hi Dulux. This looks like a very interesting extension that I could totally get on board with. I noted that the rulesets it covers is CoreRPG Rulset v3.3.5+, and when I load up a separate ruleset (say 5e), I do not see the extension available. Will this extension eventually support the other rulesets that the DOE suite of extensions supports? Or, can you automatically maintain the latest version of the DOE extensions only via the CoreRPG ruleset? Or am I missing something entirely here and need to be shown the hole in my reasoning.

You create a CoreRPG campaign solely for handling updates. When you run the update in that campaign, it updates the extensions for all campaigns that are setup to use this process.

Yeah, what Andraax said.

Because of the way the DOE:REMU works it is best to do it from "outside" a live (ie working, playable) campaign. Hence, the idea that we create a separate "Maintenance" campaign, solely for the use of running the DOE:REMU and doing the updates - similar to what most of the Community Devs do when they have a "Development" campaign(s) separate from their actual live campaign(s). Because we are using a separate "Maintenance" campaign there was no reason to specify anything but the CoreRPG - this way we don't need all the extra code that the rest of the DOEs have which make them "multi-ruleset compatible".

So there's no need for the DOE:REMU to be run in any other Ruleset other than CoreRPG, and the DOE:REMU will update all REMs (Rulesets, Extensions & Modules) for any Ruleset from within the CoreRPG-based "Maintenance" campaign - all people have to do is fire up their "Maintenance" campaign once ever week (the default) / month / day / quarter/ year / whatever.

Does that all make sense?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thanks, I eventually sorted it out. The instructions just seemed a little convoluted, as you get instructions for the install of the exe, and some instructions on this thread and some instructions in the .mod file, but there is no place where all the step by step instructions are kept. I eventually found out the fact that you need to use this installer in corerpg via your responses, then I saw it in the .mod file, but I did not look at that straight away as I hadn't loaded it at the start. By the time I had seen it, I had already created the CoreRPG campaign.

Ignoring that though, seems to perform smoothly, good work Dulux-Oz. An internet cookie for you good sir.

Hey Dulux, I can't get DOEREMUHelpers.exe to run on my machine, it says it is not compatible with Windows 10 Home
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Righ View Post
    Hey Dulux, I can't get DOEREMUHelpers.exe to run on my machine, it says it is not compatible with Windows 10 Home
    That's strange - I wrote it on a Win 10 Home PC, so I know it works. What exactly does the error message say, please?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    That's strange - I wrote it on a Win 10 Home PC, so I know it works. What exactly does the error message say, please?
    " This app can't run on your PC
    To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Weird, I redownloaded it to a different directory, and it worked fine

Thread Information