DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

DOE: REMU (Ruleset, Extension & Module Updater) Extension

Overview
    This Extension is a supplementary tool designed to work in compliment to the FG-Updater - not to replace it. The DOE: REMU allows Fantasy Grounds to automatically check to see if various Community Developed Rulesets, Extensions and/or Modules (REMs) are available for update. If an update is found the DOE: REMU can download the REM and place it in the correct directory within the User's copy of Fantasy Grounds.

A screenshot is provided.
    REMU_Figure_05.png

Full details are provided in the accompanying Manual (a Module). The Manual can be opened by Fantasy Ground v3+ using any Ruleset, with or without the Extension being loaded.

Special Setup
    Because this Extension does things that Fantasy Grounds was never designed to do, it requires some special care and attention when first setting up. It also requires some "helper" programs which MUST be located in a very specific folder on the computer's hard drive. This information and the Helper programs are provided in a separate pdf Document (DOEREMU_Setup_Guide_Windows.pdf) and an Installation program (DOEREMUHelpers.exe) available below.

Please Please Please Please read the Extension's accompanying Documentation BEFORE installing the DOE:REMU

Version
    • 1.0.0 - Initial Creation

Manual Version
    • 1.0.0 - Initial Creation

Rulesets
    This Extension works with:
    • CoreRPG Rulset v3.3.5+.

Dependencies
    This Extension is dependent on:

Rulesets By Dulux-Oz

Other Extensions By Dulux-Oz

Downloading The Extension
    This Extension is no longer avaliable for download.

Loading The Extension
    This Extension is loaded exactly like all other Fantasy Grounds Extensions - by first copying the .ext file to the Extensions Folder under the Fantasy Grounds Folder and then re-starting Fantasy Grounds. If the Extension is compatible with the currently installed version of a given Ruleset it will be displayed in the Extensions List for that Ruleset and can be loaded by clicking on the Checkbox next to the Extensions name.

If the Extension has large red 'X' next to its name in the Extension List then the Extension or an Extension that this one is dependent upon is not compatible with the chosen Ruleset. Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest copy of this Extension and any Extensions this one is dependent upon.

When Fantasy Grounds Updates
    After a Fantasy Grounds version update you should verify that all Extensions (not just this one) have been either updated themselves or verified by the Extension author that they work with the new version of Fantasy Grounds. If you have any issues with Fantasy Grounds after an update then it is best to disable all Extensions and then re-enable them one by one until the issue re-appears.

Helping Out
    If you like this Extension and find it useful, you may like to consider showing your support by making a Donation so that this Software and similar Software can continue to be maintained and developed.

Donations can be made via PayPal to:

Thank you
    Last edited by dulux-oz; November 10th, 2019 at 11:17.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Dulux, I'm not getting this to work. I don't get a the Warning or Setu window when I start the maintenance campaign. Here are the stesp I did;

1. Read the Setup Guide.
    2. Install the Helpers per the guide above.
    3. Download the DOE:REMU Manual and install it in FG.
    4. Download the DOE:REMU Extension and install it in FG.
    5. Download and install the DOE: Base (latest!) and install it in FG.
    6. Create a new CoreRPG campaign titled something like "DOE:REMU Maintenance"
    7. Load the DOE Base and DOE REMU extensions.
    8. Open the campaign, load the DOE REMU Module, read it.

Screen Shot 05-26-18 at 04.20 PM.PNG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Did you click the REMU button in the upper right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Did you click the REMU button in the upper right?
    Nope! Missed that in the instructions.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Very nice Dulux. I'll be looking to add my modules to this after I read more.

Two things to take notice of;
    1) the quick start instructions seems to imply that the update window opens automatically.
    2) the manifest file was not able to be downloaded like the other files in the repository were. I assume this is since I was not using a git client and just a browser, but I suspect other might find similar challenges. Doing a right mouse, save file as saved an html file that was useless, I ended up cutting and pasting the text as displayed into notepad++ and saving the file that way.

Notes noted - I'll see how to fix things.
    And, fot the record, I wasn't using a git-cliet to download the Manifest file (when I tested things)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Very nice Dulux. I'll be looking to add my modules to this after I read more.

Two things to take notice of;
    1) the quick start instructions seems to imply that the update window opens automatically.
    2) the manifest file was not able to be downloaded like the other files in the repository were. I assume this is since I was not using a git client and just a browser, but I suspect other might find similar challenges. Doing a right mouse, save file as saved an html file that was useless, I ended up cutting and pasting the text as displayed into notepad++ and saving the file that way.
    Just to clarify:
    1) You mean in the Manual (the mod file)?
    2) Right-click and choose "Save Link As" - I'll put that in the doco as well.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Just to clarify:
    1) You mean in the Manual (the mod file)?
    2) Right-click and choose "Save Link As" - I'll put that in the doco as well.

Cheers
    Correct, the quick start entry in the mod file is where I went astray. reading the full details it was clear,just not in the QS entry.

I'm using Chrome, and with the other git entries (like the extensions and mods, there is a download link. On the git page for the .rem file their is not, it displays the text. When I right clicked on the save as from the directory listing, it saved the file as an html, not xml file. I can get you screen shots and more details as needed.

No idea what I've done. I blew away my campaign based on CoreRPG, blew away the directory that is created with the DOEREMUHelpers.exe

I downloaded the DOEREMU.ext and DOEBase.ext and put them in the extensions directory, and deleted the manifests directory.

I then run the .exe, and it put in C:\ so it creates the appropriate directory.

When I create a new campaign (LIVE, not test or dev), and load the modules, I get the following error.
    [28.05.2018 18:46:13] Script Error: [string "DOEREMU/Scripts/lsREMUManager.lua"]:239: import: Unable to open file

I looked at the code, and it looks like it has something to do with manifests, which I haven't even loaded.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    No idea what I've done. I blew away my campaign based on CoreRPG, blew away the directory that is created with the DOEREMUHelpers.exe

I downloaded the DOEREMU.ext and DOEBase.ext and put them in the extensions directory, and deleted the manifests directory.

I then run the .exe, and it put in C:\ so it creates the appropriate directory.

When I create a new campaign (LIVE, not test or dev), and load the modules, I get the following error.
    [28.05.2018 18:46:13] Script Error: [string "DOEREMU/Scripts/lsREMUManager.lua"]:239: import: Unable to open file

I looked at the code, and it looks like it has something to do with manifests, which I haven't even loaded.

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I think what you're saying is that this is a new "Maintenance" campaign but that you previously had an old "Maintenance" campaign (I call them MCs from now on) ie that you're starting over, yes?

If this is so, then the persistent Manifest Registration from the old MC is being picked up by the new MC and so it is trying to load the registered manifest, and because the Manifest file isn't there its complaining. So, its sort of a bug (which I'll code a fix for) but if you place the actual manifest file in the /manifests/ folder under the FG Data Folder (you may have to manually create the manifests folder) and then restart your new MC you should be good to go. Alternatively, you could manually edit the GlobalRegistry.lua file and take out all the relevant infor qand data structure contained within. Alternatively, you can ignore the error, go i and deregister the old Manifest and then register a new one (on the same one - same difference).

BUT, if I've mis-read what you've been doing and trying to do then you'll need to tell me because I'll need to come up with a different solution.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thread Information