FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Thanks, solved the problem thanks to you @Dulux-Oz.

Ended up editing the GlobalReistry.lua file and removing most of the stuff in there.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Last edited by mlesnews; May 31st, 2018 at 04:57. Reason: Not worth the time or effort. Mod delete please.

Quote Originally Posted by mlesnews View Post
    Thanks for this LordEntrails! I admit I was stumbling on how to exactly get started getting this to work. Perhaps the missing piece is the Quick Start information which resides in REMU. If I had it to start with it would of cleared up a lot of my confusion. Great work Dulux-Oz as always! I sincerely hope that every modder embraces this for their projects. This is perhaps my largest gripe about FG is trying to keep up to date with all of the community extension each week. I was looking into trying to parse each authors download link or attachment on the CoreRPG and 5E main community pages on the forums but without much success.

It's all in the Manual - all people have to do is grab the .mod file (the Manual) and read it
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Last edited by mlesnews; May 31st, 2018 at 04:56. Reason: Not worth the time or effort. Mod delete please.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    It's all in the Manual - all people have to do is grab the .mod file (the Manual) and read it
    Yep, but their are steps to do to install the manual. So, some of us might want to know how to get that far

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yep, but their are steps to do to install the manual. So, some of us might want to know how to get that far
    What?! Grab the .mod file, drop it in the modules folder, then open FG and load the Module?

I know we (as professionals) need to write things for the "lowest common denominator", but if people don't know how to load a basic module into FG then they're not yet ready for ANY Extension, let alone this one.

And that's not being derogatory. You have to assume people have some basic skills in anything they do - yes, you make things as easy as possible, but if you're a running coach you at least assume that people who come to you know how to walk!
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I downloaded the DOEREMU mod, ext, and doebase.ext and added them to the mods and extensions folders. I also downloaded the exe, rem, and pdf and have them in my downloads folder for now until I find instructions that tell me what to do with them. I opened the DOEREMU_Setup_Guide_Windows.pdf; is it only supposed to be 1 page (thought this was the documentation to read before continuing)?

I started there and on double-clicking the DOEREMUHelpers.exe file, I get a message saying that my Windows PC is unable to run the DOEREMUHelpers.exe file. "This app can't run on your PC." I figure I needed to set this up per the instruction on the first post to get the helpers set up before I tried opening the DOREM manual in a new CoreRPG campaign: Is that correct or do I need to load that manual and read it first before continuing?

Appoogies for my confusion.
    Last edited by paladiusdarkhelm; June 2nd, 2018 at 19:54.

The manual is in the .mod file - launch FG and open the module to read it.

Does it contain instructions for how to get the.exe to run?

Thread Information