Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    I don't know what was wrong with the .exe I originally save link as'd from the repo. Redid using LordEntrails direct links from his post and that version worked o_O

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    I don't know what was wrong with the .exe I originally save link as'd from the repo. Redid using LordEntrails direct links from his post and that version worked o_O
    If you right clicked "Save As" then you got html files and not the exe (even though the extension was kept as exe). I think this has to do because of GitHub (not sure). You have to use the "Download" button in GitHub itself and not a browser download/save.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Read through the .mod manual and tried to run the remusetup but it pops up a bunch of paste.exe errors and nothing shows in the REMU window (rulesets, extensions, modules).

REMUSetup_Parsing_Error.JPG

I tried to press on since the instruction say it may be nomal to see popups and link the .rem via the register button but it also gave me a parsing error.

REM_XML_Parse_error.JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    Read through the .mod manual and tried to run the remusetup but it pops up a bunch of paste.exe errors and nothing shows in the REMU window (rulesets, extensions, modules).

I tried to press on since the instruction say it may be nomal to see popups and link the .rem via the register button but it also gave me a parsing error.
    Did you download the helper application using the "download" button on the GitHub repository or do you use right mouse button save as or another way to download and save the file?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    To put a picture to the question, did you download the helper.exe using this button?
    Screen Shot 06-02-18 at 04.57 PM 001.PNG

I'll delete the helpers folder from the C drive and do that part over and see if that avoids the errors on remusetup.

Same problem when I try and run the setup. I have the helper files installed in their folder at C:\DOEREMUHelpers per the instructions in the pdf. My data file is at the default location as far as I know. i've tried manually adding the path just in case in the custom option but get the same error, so don't think that's it. I surfed to the directory the error is complaining about and appear to have it as well as a machine.config.
    REMUSetup_Parsing_Error.JPG

That error actually looks like you have a problem with your install of your Windows ".NET" (possibly an old install?)

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    That error actually looks like you have a problem with your install of your Windows ".NET" (possibly an old install?)
    Yes, I agree - you might need to install v3.5 of .net. On Windows 10, click the start button and then type "Install Windows Features" (without the quotation marks). Click on the resulting Control panel entry and then select the v3.5 of .Net Framework to install it. Once done run the DOE:REMU setup again (from inside the DOE:Remu ie via the slash command as per the documentation).
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thanks for your hard work on this, Dulux!

Thread Information