Level: Sor/Wiz 2
    Components: V, S, M, F
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Range: Touch
    Target: Coconuts
    Duration: 1 hour / 2 levels
    Saving Throw: Yes. See description.
    Spell Resistance: No

Coconut Animation is an improved Mount spell. During the casting time, a wizard animates two coconuts. From now on, they will fly after him and hit each other, making a characterictic sound of a running steed's hoofs hitting the ground. In duration time of this spell, the caster can move with a light horse speed, although he has to assume a rider's pose, like he was sitting on a horse.
    Additionaly, every person that sees the wizard traveling by Animate Coconuts has to make a Will save throw. If he fails, he is dazed, with all effects of Daze spell.
    The spell can be dispersed by dispelling coconut magic or their destruction. The caster has to hear the coconuts in order to take benefits from the spell.

Material Component
    A piece of coconut palm tree leaf.

Focus Component
    Two coconuts.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

Cute, shades of Monte Python. As you specifically mentioned the destruction of the Coconuts you should give them a hardness and hit points probably something like 5 hardness, 7 hp. Instead of Ref I would use Will Save like Daze because you specifically mentioned it. The Mount spell at first level has a duration of 1 hour/level so I would change this spell to match the lower level spell's duration.

Actually, I just made a translation of this spell to English, because I found it very amusing. It's, of course, a Will save - I was thinking of something else (probably related to horse's speed) and ended up writing Reflex automatically, that has been already corrected.

Thanks for advice. I think the next one should be a new monster - Unladen Swallow - which you can call upon by means of Summon Monster I.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

This one will have me chuckling all week ... how about :

Shrubbery of Force
    Evocation
    Level: Sor/Wiz 6
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: Standard Action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One shrubbery
    Duration: 1 hour / 2 levels
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resistance: No

A Shrubbery of Force spell creates a verdant green shrubbery of incredible strength (and beauty). The wall cannot move, it is immune to damage of all kinds, and it is unaffected by most spells, including dispel magic. However, Roger the Shrubber can immediately destroy it or trim and clip the shrubbery into an unusually shaped topiary. Breath weapons and spells cannot pass through the wall in either direction, although dimension door, teleport, and similar effects can bypass the barrier. It blocks ethereal creatures and the Knights that Say Ni. Gaze attacks can operate through a wall of force.

The caster can form the wall into a flat, vertical plane whose area is up to one 10- foot square per level. The shrubbery must be continuous and unbroken when formed. If its surface is broken by any object or creature, the spell fails.

Material Component
    A piece of foliage.

Focus Component
    A set of secateurs.

There is in the older Rolemaster bestiary a terrible Killer Bunny.

No information about Holy Handgrenades however.

Possibly time I grew up as well.

ROTFL

What about a prestige class of a Knight that Says Ni? :P

Yes, but what carries the coconuts? An african swallow or a european swallow?

Monte Python. Ni!
    Wanna Play? playing Wanna DM? maybe sometime... Best day to play? Flexible Best time to play? Evenings Time Zone: GMT -4 (EDT)

Oh nooo!

He said it!

Ahh, I said it!

Ekk I said it again!

Ggaahhhh!!
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Hearing of Ni

Haring of Ni: This fish appears as any other of it's kind, but when held as a weapon by a person of appropriate skill it acts as a +1 vorpal fish of slaying, and if ever employed to chop down a tree it does so in one swing.
    Strong transmutation: CL 18th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Mordenkainen's sword; Coconut animation; Price 120,630 gp; Cost 60,630 gp + 4,800 XP.
    See you around the table.

damn you all i must go watch "Monty Pythons and the Holy Grail"

p.s. I love this film

Thread Information