DICE PACKS BUNDLE

User Experience And Keyboard Shortcuts

I found that several features are possible only by using extremely unaccessible ways.
    There are some that makes app usage really frustrating for me, such as CTRL+TAB to Insert new cell in table. On macOS this is HUGE problem because there are system shortcuts that intercept this and take over event from application. It basically means that in order to insert new cell every time I need to go and edit XML file of the campaign. If someone knows some other way to accomplish this I will be extremely grateful.

Also, I cannot see how to perform these without keyboard shortcut:
    CTRL+A Select all text
    CTRL+C Copy selected text to the clipboard.
    CTRL+J Join paragraph containing cursor with the following line.
    CTRL+V Paste text on the clipboard into the control.
    CTRL+X Copy selected text to the clipboard, and delete the selection.
    CTRL+Z Undo last change.
    CTRL+PLUS Increase column width of table cell by one.
    CTRL+MINUS Decrease column width of table cell by one.

I really love this application, it is really great and powerful. There are just few nuances here and there which sometimes ruin user experience. Those keyboard shortcuts are one of them. Keyboard shortcuts should be power-user feature, and never only way to accomplish something. It is basic accessibility requirement. I hope that someone will look into it in near future and fix it.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

[EDIT -> NO FRIGGING IDEA ... I just went back and created a new Table and tried again in Classic and it worked. Fn+Ctrl+Tab, which I did MANY times after reading the Unity post saying with Fn. I did it more times than sanity would inform - seeing as I expected a different result from same actions. But... the only thing I can think of is maybe I tried Ctrl-Tab first in that table and never recreated it? I know I added and deleted the table several times. Stumped but don't want to try to recreate it ;P it is working now.

Sorry for the pointless Necro ]

Hey guys, sorry for old thread but I was searching and could only find a Unity reference to it working on Mac.

Still editing stuff on my laptop with Windows VM using Classic (at first my ruleset didn't work on Unity now that it can - I gotta find out why Unity is so tiny/unreadable for my aged eye on MacBook Pro 16") and cannot get CTRL+Tab to add columns.

CTRL++ and CTRL+- does WEIRD stuff not exactly what I'd expect.

Reading the Unity thread, I tried Fn+Ctrl+Tab and that did it - on Unity, but not on Classic (Unity didn't work for me with Ctrl+Tab until hit Fn, not sure when last updated Unity could be 2 weeks?)
    Last edited by Varsuuk; March 4th, 2021 at 15:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesismmx View Post
    I found that several features are possible only by using extremely unaccessible ways.
    There are some that makes app usage really frustrating for me, such as CTRL+TAB to Insert new cell in table. On macOS this is HUGE problem because there are system shortcuts that intercept this and take over event from application. It basically means that in order to insert new cell every time I need to go and edit XML file of the campaign. If someone knows some other way to accomplish this I will be extremely grateful.

Also, I cannot see how to perform these without keyboard shortcut:
    CTRL+A Select all text
    CTRL+C Copy selected text to the clipboard.
    CTRL+J Join paragraph containing cursor with the following line.
    CTRL+V Paste text on the clipboard into the control.
    CTRL+X Copy selected text to the clipboard, and delete the selection.
    CTRL+Z Undo last change.
    CTRL+PLUS Increase column width of table cell by one.
    CTRL+MINUS Decrease column width of table cell by one.
    myaccountaccess
    I really love this application, it is really great and powerful. There are just few nuances here and there which sometimes ruin user experience. Those keyboard shortcuts are one of them. Keyboard shortcuts should be power-user feature, and never only way to accomplish something. It is basic accessibility requirement. I hope that someone will look into it in near future and fix it.
    Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

Thread Information