STAR TREK 2d20

Unable to connect to my server (connection test and internet players)

I have a strange issue that I suspect is Windows 10 related.

Set Port Forwarding for 1802 to 192.168.10.164
    FG on Mac, connection test works

Set Port Forwarding for 1802 to 192.168.10.165
    FG on PC, connection test fails. I can connect to it (using the local IP. or the server alias)
    from another PC running the Demo version on the same network.

If I use a hotspot for the second PC (so it is outside my internal network), the connection fails.

This is happening regardless of the windows firewall settings (including off).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Make sure the network is set to private.

Sometimes routers need to be restarted to take changes.

Also, when you have FG running waiting for a player to connect, type netstat -a > netstat.txt this will take a while and dump the connection info to netstat.txt, to read type notepad netstat.txt

Do a search for :1802 - to see if Windows is actually listening for connections on port 1802. If it's not, then there is something blocking that port locally.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Network is private and port shows up in netstat -a

Quote Originally Posted by mlbrown View Post
    Network is private and port shows up in netstat -a
    Sounds like a routing issue then - i.e. from the Internet through your router's port forwarding to your PC.

You have only one port forwarding rule for TCP 1802 setup, right? If so, reboot your router and check if you can get it working.

With FG up and running listening on port 1802, use https://canyouseeme.org/ to check for port 1802 being open.

Also, try connecting using the alias. Look at the console.log file of the computer connecting with the alias - make sure the IP address the alias maps to is the same as the "Your IP" indicated on the canyouseeme.org website.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

No joy. If I change the IP in the router to my Mac, it works. Change the IP back to the Windows 10 system, it fails (but connections inside my network work). It has to be something on the PC, but I have the firewall on the PC disabled.

Any idea what else could be blocking an internet connection to the PC?

Blog Entries
    Anti-virus?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Fixed it, had to go in with regedit and disable the Windows Defender Firewall service (For others researching a similar issue: DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE ANOTHER FIREWALL).

Something is totally messed up with it on this system apparently which is why in spite of rules allowing Fantasy Grounds and disabling both firewalls, it still was blocking incoming ports. This is apparently a known "feature" for some systems with Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks for all the help.

Blog Entries
    Hey, thanks for letting us know the solution. Glad you got it working.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information