DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Blog Entries
    If you get a SUCCESS try changing your ALIAS to something new - possibly the ALIAS caching isnt working properly. Also have the players try and connect via your PUBLLIC/EXTERNAL IP.
    Also who is your provider? Cox and a few others were doing some additional firewalling and you ay have to once a month whitelist your players IP addresses.

Best bet - move to Unity!

Connecting locally with the internal IP works, but that doesn't fix anything for my players.

As for the problem being on the player-end: I think this is incredibly unlikely. We all just connected yesterday and none of them have changed anything on their end. Meanwhile, I'm using a brand new desktop (like I literally opened the box last night and set it up today). I'm very skeptical that the problem is all of my players changing their settings in unison and keeping it secret, rather than it being the brand-new PC from which I'm trying to host.

The linked article is where I started, but I didn't want to post all the question information if the forums weren't still being watched. I hope these help.

1. Your LAN IP Address: 10.0.0.167
    2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router: 24.62.38.127
    3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both): Wired
    4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private: Confirmed
    5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions: Windows Defender, full exceptions for Fantasy Grounds
    6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to):
    C:\Windows\System32>tracert 8.8.8.8

Tracing route to dns.google [8.8.8.8]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms Docsis-Gateway.hsd1.ma.comcast.net [10.0.0.1]
    2 24 ms 19 ms 40 ms 10.61.193.195
    3 15 ms 11 ms 11 ms 68.87.183.49
    4 15 ms 15 ms 11 ms 96.110.116.113
    5 12 ms 15 ms 15 ms 96.108.46.113
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 14 ms 16 ms 11 ms 162.151.52.34
    8 20 ms 19 ms 17 ms be-32031-cs03.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.42.9]
    9 18 ms 18 ms 20 ms be-3311-pe11.111eighthave.ny.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.34.26]
    10 18 ms 20 ms 20 ms as26769-1.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [75.149.229.30]
    11 20 ms 20 ms 21 ms 142.250.234.185
    12 22 ms 23 ms 18 ms 142.251.53.149
    13 21 ms 20 ms 16 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8]

Trace complete.

7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made: No changes have been made since yesterday when it was working properly on the old PC, except for a couple of power cycles as part of the troubleshooting.
    8. Confirmation you do or do not have any Virtualisation NICs: None

It asks for screenshots, but it doesn't say of what. I can post pics of the Success message on my computer and the error on the other computers, but that seems unnecessary.
    Last edited by chikininabizkit; November 30th, 2022 at 23:18.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If you get a SUCCESS try changing your ALIAS to something new - possibly the ALIAS caching isnt working properly. Also have the players try and connect via your PUBLLIC/EXTERNAL IP.
    Also who is your provider? Cox and a few others were doing some additional firewalling and you ay have to once a month whitelist your players IP addresses.

Best bet - move to Unity!
    We've never used the alias before - we've always used my external IP. I've never even enabled it. I enabled it and tried two or three aliases just now and they all produced the same Could not connect error.

My ISP is Comcast. We've never had problems with them. They allow very easy Port Forwarding and they don't have extra ISP-side firewalls.

Unity is pretty, but the Star Wars FFG ruleset is a WIP and we like the one in Classic. And if something on my new PC is preventing external connections, that's unlikely to change just by using Unity.
    Last edited by chikininabizkit; November 30th, 2022 at 23:20.

Blog Entries
    Ok login to your router and change the Port Forward from your Old PC LAN address to your New PC LAN address.
    If there is no manual/static port forward then power cycle the device and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ok login to your router and change the Port Forward from your Old PC LAN address to your New PC LAN address.
    If there is no manual/static port forward then power cycle the device and try again.
    That was one of the first things I did when I got a Failure on the Run Test. I deleted the old Port Forward for 1802 and recreated it on the new PC. I got a Success, but then remote connections all got errors.

I took a moment to delete it, power cycle everything, and set the Port Forwarding up again. I get Success, but remote connections still fail.

Blog Entries
    On your new PC

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained

Go into your Windows Firewall or other Software Firewall and create a new Rule - Accept ANY/ALL connections from ANY/ALL computer/address on specific ports TCP 1802 and then retest

Thread Information