DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Fantasy Ground will not load.

Hi,
    Of late ever time I try a load FG I just get a blank white screen with the gold FG cursor.
    It was working fine until a few weeks ago. The only thing I have done recently is apply the latest Windows 10 update.
    I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 - OS Build 17134.48 on a MS Surfacebook.
    At first i thought it might be something to do with the graphics driver but I get the same result if I use the integrated Intel HD Graphics 520 or NVIDA GeForce GPU.

I tried a reinstall of FG but that has not worked.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance,
    Paul.

I'd suggest re-installing DirectX. I have had similar results when it has been corrupted.
    - Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Could have also be the firewall and there is a dialog being covered for you to approve it.

Obe, Nylanfs,
    Thanks for your help. I have reinstalled Direct X and .Net and it has not changed the situation, but I do believe it's a graphics issue.
    I have checked and there are no other dialogue boxes when the application opens. The FG update works fine as well.

It's odd because it seems the buttons are there they are just not being rendered.

Try this:
    1) Run FGUpdaterEngine.exe from the FG install directory - usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds
    2) Click the "Settings" button (bottom left).
    3) In the Settings window, change "Cross-platform compatibility mode for Linux or Mac"
    4) Restart FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe, Still no good i am afraid.
    From what I can see Microsoft are admitting that the last update has caused a number of issues with Surfacebook users. Apparently they are aiming to get a patch out my June 12th.

So for now I have created a VM and am ruining FG under Linux which seems to work fine.

Thought I would let you know that in the end I reinstalled Windows 10. FG worked as expected. I then applied the April update (which Broke it) and once again it worked fine!!!So good news there.
    BUT.... I reinstalled some software I have called "Duet" which allows you to use an iPad as a second monitor. As soon as I installed it FG stopped working again. Uninstalled it and bingo FG burst into life.

Thanks again to those that give some suggestions.

I had this exact issue, removing Duet also fixed the problem for me.

Thread Information