DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    First off, have a blast! The D66 tables can be nested, but creates more sub tables. Your suggestion with D36 tables could eliminate the need for it. I guess, at least for me, it's honestly just a habit to the game system to roll 2d6 for the d66 tables. Feels more like I'm playing Traveller. So I guess it's not really needed as we can work around it.

Thanks for the heads up on adding weapons to NPCs. I feel like such a dunce now. That did the trick with the module data, but tested it with new and custom items and it didn't accept the drop. Works fine with Module data.

Can Robots/Drones be considered for an option for NPC? Since they can be used during tactical situations, have attributes akin to NPCs and a need to track hull and structure. Would you think they are more at home in the item section? If so, maybe expand it to accept Hull and Structure. I was even kinda toying it with craft since those fields are tracked there. I'm kinda torn where these would best fit, if not in NPCs.

Thanks for the reply and again, hope you have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    First off, have a blast! The D66 tables can be nested, but creates more sub tables. Your suggestion with D36 tables could eliminate the need for it. I guess, at least for me, it's honestly just a habit to the game system to roll 2d6 for the d66 tables. Feels more like I'm playing Traveller. So I guess it's not really needed as we can work around it.

Thanks for the heads up on adding weapons to NPCs. I feel like such a dunce now. That did the trick with the module data, but tested it with new and custom items and it didn't accept the drop. Works fine with Module data.

Can Robots/Drones be considered for an option for NPC? Since they can be used during tactical situations, have attributes akin to NPCs and a need to track hull and structure. Would you think they are more at home in the item section? If so, maybe expand it to accept Hull and Structure. I was even kinda toying it with craft since those fields are tracked there. I'm kinda torn where these would best fit, if not in NPCs.

Thanks for the reply and again, hope you have fun!
    Don't worry about feeling that bad, I was hoping you could just drop the weapon in the space, can't get that to work at the moment, and I think my time is needed for the bigger things as those small things can sometimes take ages.

Btw there's a bug that I'm working on, the weapon flags aren't being set properly for custom weapons, that's what stops them from working with NPC's as well. I'm fixing that as soon as I can.

Adding more NPC types, yes, Robots/Drones, I just need to find a way to provide a drop-down, can yet think of a dropdown though in any of the (many) rulesets that I own.

I'll have fun, though my friends know when I miss coding, I keep telling them!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; May 18th, 2018 at 22:18.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Super! An option that you might consider is the way pathfinder and 3.5 does it with clicking on a radio button and it changes the way the npc sheet works. Then the npc page changes to that template. A cycler also might fit the bill as well since it allows the user to click through the templates.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Super! An option that you might consider is the way pathfinder and 3.5 does it with clicking on a radio button and it changes the way the npc sheet works. Then the npc page changes to that template. A cycler also might fit the bill as well since it allows the user to click through the templates.
    I'm back from being away, tired eyes, no hangover

I've found the combo-box (dropdown) code, so going to play with that. Radio buttons are good if you have 2-3 choices, more than that they're a bit clunky. Cyclers are good though, you can catch the change event to update the window, not sure I want that though. I'll play and find the best option.

Cheers
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks for the 1E ruleset! This will allow me to put together the 2300 AD campaign setting that I enjoyed so very much!

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Thanks for the 1E ruleset! This will allow me to put together the 2300 AD campaign setting that I enjoyed so very much!

GB
    No problems, 2300AD was excellent back in the 90's so I might create the ruleset soon.

Cheers,
    MBM

I don't think it'd take much, honestly...Mongoose 2300 uses the same engine/task resolution as Mongoose Traveller 1E. Regardless...I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    I don't think it'd take much, honestly...Mongoose 2300 uses the same engine/task resolution as Mongoose Traveller 1E. Regardless...I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

GB
    I have all the 2300AD books from Mongoose (I think) so after I've finish the Traveller ruleset update (1.0.6) I might ask Mongoose if they want me to add 2300AD (1E), as I know in the future they're going to update it.

Cheers,
    MBM

How is everyone handling tracking weapon ammunition? I am not seeing how to track it on the character sheet or combat tracker. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmaker2 View Post
    How is everyone handling tracking weapon ammunition? I am not seeing how to track it on the character sheet or combat tracker. Thanks.
    This will come in a future update, I myself have never worried too much about ammo, but it's a feature in D&D 5E so I can look into supporting it.

Thread Information