FG Spreadshirt Swag

Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)

I installed of FG on a fresh Win 7 machine, and getting error "Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)" with a CoC 7E campaign, and additional error popup below. Tried with D&D 4E and that works fine. I'm using the data files from the old install. Same error occurs when creating a new campaign.

What should I do to get things working again?

3.3.5 Ultimate

Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find hot key title font ()
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find hot key label font ()
    Ruleset Error: mouse: Could not find drag font (draglabel)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find tooltip font ()
    Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find icon (menuhub)
    Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find icon (menuback)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die modifier font (diemod)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die sum font (diemod)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die result font (dieresult)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find poll empty icon ()
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find poll positive icon ()
    Ruleset Error: imagecontrol: Could not find distance font (modcollectorlabel)
    Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher

Does it say which ruleset? CoreRPG or CallOfCthulhu?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    I installed of FG on a fresh Win 7 machine, and getting error "Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)" with a CoC 7E campaign, and additional error popup below. Tried with D&D 4E and that works fine. I'm using the data files from the old install. Same error occurs when creating a new campaign.

What should I do to get things working again?

3.3.5 Ultimate
    Have you entered your FG username and password in the settings window and then ran an update? Just copying over all of the files is not enough - the encrypted material needs to be re-downloaded specifically for that computer. The Call of Cthulhu 7E ruleset is encrypted, whereas the 4E ruleset is not.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Have you entered your FG username and password in the settings window and then ran an update? Just copying over all of the files is not enough - the encrypted material needs to be re-downloaded specifically for that computer. The Call of Cthulhu 7E ruleset is encrypted, whereas the 4E ruleset is not.
    Thank you, that worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    Thank you, that worked!
    Fantastic! Game on. Always good to see some Cthulhu being played.

Related question: Getting same "unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)" error when I start a second instance of FG by right clicking on FG icon under windows 7.
    Have updated and can run the first instance with no issues. I have D&D 5e rule sets with PHB,SCAG and XGTE. The installation is via steam.. all working well except I can't open a second instance... any ideas?

Hi Xlr8r welcome to FG.

Not sure you can do that with Win 7. Try launching your second instance from the fantasygrounds.exe file in the install folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

[QUOTE=Zacchaeus;395515]Hi Xlr8r welcome to FG.

Not sure you can do that with Win 7. Try launching your second instance from the fantasygrounds.exe file in the install folder.[/QUOTE

Thank you, works from exe file.

I get the same errors, but entering name and pw didnt change that

Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find hot key title font ()
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find hot key label font ()
    Ruleset Error: mouse: Could not find drag font (draglabel)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find tooltip font ()
    Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find icon (menuhub)
    Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find icon (menuback)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die modifier font (diemod)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die sum font (diemod)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die result font (dieresult)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find poll empty icon ()
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find poll positive icon ()
    Ruleset Error: imagecontrol: Could not find distance font (modcollectorlabel)
    Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher

Blog Entries
    Find which ruleset is reporting the error and delete it and rerun the updater.
    It will either be CoreRPG.pak or the system you are running - eg 3.5e, CallofCthulhu7e etc
    Some of those may be in teh /vault instead of /rulesets

Thread Information