STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

CoreRPG based: On Demand Manual Dice (DM only)

This extension should work with any CoreRPG based ruleset. It should NOT be used with AD&D Core as it's included in the ruleset already.

The extension allows you to control-click-dice or control-drag dice and it will popup the "Manual dice" roller window for quick manual dice roll.

Beta/Alpha versions can be found on this repository.

This means you don't have to toggle manual dice roller using the campaign setting (for everyone). If you've made the encounter to hard from the intended goal or the party is having to easy a time of it. You can now adapt on demand.

Version 3.0: Updates for CoreRPG Changes.

Download here:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by celestian; March 31st, 2022 at 19:09.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks Celestian! Two questions/comments.

1) Can you make it so that you cannot enter a dice value larger than the type of dice rolled? Fat fingers makes it possible to "input 23" into a d6 roll.

2) I tested this by logging on as localhost. When I do, I get a message "extension (custom dice results) loaded. Is there a way to remove this message for the players?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Thanks Celestian! Two questions/comments.

1) Can you make it so that you cannot enter a dice value larger than the type of dice rolled? Fat fingers makes it possible to "input 23" into a d6 roll.
    This extension just loads the Manual Dice window built into CoreRPG.

2) I tested this by logging on as localhost. When I do, I get a message "extension (custom dice results) loaded. Is there a way to remove this message for the players?
    Not sure what you mean. I do not see any message like that.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yes, I'm being dumb, my apologies. I confused it another extension. But now i see that I'm not seeing your extension at all. I'm using the Gurps Ruleset, which is based on Core.

Edit: I'm double, (or is it triple) today! Apologies again. I see it now.
    Last edited by seycyrus; May 11th, 2018 at 03:26.

Yes, I'm being dumb, my apologies. I confused it another extension. But now i see that I'm not seeing your extension at all. I'm using the Gurps Ruleset, which is based on Core.

I'm pretty sure GURPS is not loading CoreRPG.
    Last edited by celestian; May 11th, 2018 at 03:28.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'm pretty sure GURPS is not loading CoreRPG.
    I edited my last post without seeing your reply. I can see the extension now, thank you.

Btw, the newest Gurps ruleset is, "GURPS 4E Core Ruleset".

This extension is showing up on the client side. The clients have the option "Dice: Manual entry" - and they can turn it on even if the DM sets the client option to Off.

The only good thing about the player having it, is that if the player manually controls the outcome of the roll, the message [MANUAL ROLL] shows up for everyone. But can it be completely hidden from the player? Turning it "off" for clients in the DM options does not prevent a player from reactivating it in their own Options.
    Last edited by MTS; May 17th, 2018 at 17:40.
    ╔═══════════════════════════╗
    Melvin T. Sludgepump Esq.
    ╚═══════════════════════════╝

-==≡≡≡ Ultimate License Holder ≡≡≡==-
    -==≡≡≡ D&D 3.5e, 4e, 5e ≡≡≡==-
    -==≡≡≡ Pathfinder Noobie ≡≡≡==-

Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    This extension is showing up on the client side. The clients have the option "Dice: Manual entry" - and they can turn it on even if the DM sets the client option to Off.

The only good thing about this is that if the player adds the number to the dice roller manually, the message [MANUAL ROLL] shows up for everyone. But can it be completely hidden from the player?
    None of this is the extension - this is standard CoreRPG based ruleset functionality.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post

The only good thing about this is that if the player adds the number to the dice roller manually, the message [MANUAL ROLL] shows up for everyone. But can it be completely hidden from the player?
    You're going to have to explain this to me. When I join a game as a client I don't have the option to "apply" extensions.

Edit:
    Based on what Trenlow is saying I think I know where the confusion is. This extension simply allows the DM to "on demand" load the "built in Manual Dice Roller". Otherwise the manual dice roller that is built in has to be either ALL ON or ALL OFF.
    Last edited by celestian; May 17th, 2018 at 17:29.
    ---

The campaign option Dice: Manual Entry is a local setting. Players can turn it on or off for their rolls, independent of the GM.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information