Starfinder Playlist
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    To be honest I didnt know anyone used this extension I wrote it a long time ago for someone but not looked at it. That said, the 2E ruleset has the feature built in and I had to correct it recently when CoreRPG changed and broke the feature.

I'll look at updating it once I get some other tasks done.
    Thank you so much, this extension do very little but it does it in a very simple and usefull way, that's the way software should be! It should be integrated in core, I think.
    If you put it in forge it would be wonderfull
    Last edited by Federicodip; March 24th, 2022 at 15:56.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    To be honest I didnt know anyone used this extension ...
    I only use it when I need to...

I too am getting errors. A fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for updating it!

I've uploaded the latest version that fixes what CoreRPG changes broke. I tested under 5E and it worked fine.

This will probably be my last update to this extension.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Would it be possible to save a manual roll result to be later used without the need for the window pop-up?

Like, I could use the command /die 3d6 (4, 2, 6) and drag that into a quickbar slot and later just drag that into chat to faux-roll 3d6 and automatically fudge the outcome to be a 4, a 2, and a 6?

This would be an awesome functionality if at all possible, and it would mitigate the painful delay of having to manually entering the results of the roll into the manual-roll window on the fly.
    Last edited by GEONE; June 25th, 2022 at 05:22.

Good afternoon. I know that this is not being actively supported, but I thought I would ask in case anyone is paying attention.

A couple of months ago, I noticed that when I use this extension, I no longer get the button "f" button to perform the faux roll (shadows on the players side etc.).

I got busy in rl, and forgot about it, and now I'm getting ready to game again and would like this functionality. Where/how would I go about looking into this to make it work again?

Has anyone else noticed the missing "f"?

I'm using the GURPS ruleset.
    Last edited by seycyrus; November 13th, 2022 at 18:34.

The faux roll will only work if you have Show DM rolls set to off. This is because the players now see the DM's actual dice when DM rolls are on and the rolling dice would end in a different result than the faux roll. And so the players would know something wasn't right.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The faux roll will only work if you have Show DM rolls set to off. This is because the players now see the DM's actual dice when DM rolls are on and the rolling dice would end in a different result than the faux roll. And so the players would know something wasn't right.
    Ya gotta be kidding me! I'm batting near 100% for posting silly things on this forum today!

I'll thank you in advance for your patience, in anticipation of next time.

Not only do I not remember changing that, I also though I remember toggling it around when I verified my "bug".

Upon a closer examination, I STILL think the extension behavior has changed.

Looking at your reply (emphasis mine) I wonder if I misread it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    ...This is because the players now see the DM's actual dice when DM rolls are on and the rolling dice would end in a different result than the faux roll. And so the players would know something wasn't right.
    Is that statement meant to tell me that something is different now, compared to, say, 6 months ago?

Yes, GM dice always appeared as shadows on player machines as prior to v4.3.0, regardless of whether roll result or action result was shown.

With the release of v4.3.0, the visibility of GM dice is tied to where roll result is shown (i.e. Show GM rolls option). This allows for both GMs and players to use the new dice skins.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information