STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    So I've turned off the "client" in the DM screen. However, the player can go into their options and turn it "on" and use it from there. If the extension is loaded, the client sees the option to turn it on.
    ╔═══════════════════════════╗
    Melvin T. Sludgepump Esq.
    ╚═══════════════════════════╝

-==≡≡≡ Ultimate License Holder ≡≡≡==-
    -==≡≡≡ D&D 3.5e, 4e, 5e ≡≡≡==-
    -==≡≡≡ Pathfinder Noobie ≡≡≡==-

Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    If the extension is loaded, the client sees the option to turn it on.
    This is standard FG functionality. The extensions doesn't change it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    So I've turned off the "client" in the DM screen. However, the player can go into their options and turn it "on" and use it from there. If the extension is loaded, the client sees the option to turn it on.
    You're confusing the built in functionality of CoreRPG's "Manual Roll" with this extension.

If you REMOVE this extension the Manual Roll campaign setting will still be there.

This extension ONLY allows you to use the manual roll on demand, w/o having to go into campaign settings and enable it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Got it - thanks. I did confuse myself.
    ╔═══════════════════════════╗
    Melvin T. Sludgepump Esq.
    ╚═══════════════════════════╝

-==≡≡≡ Ultimate License Holder ≡≡≡==-
    -==≡≡≡ D&D 3.5e, 4e, 5e ≡≡≡==-
    -==≡≡≡ Pathfinder Noobie ≡≡≡==-

Hi all,

thanks for this extension, it'll definitely speed things up at my table (I use FG to DM live at the table, with me manually inputting the players real dice rolls and me using the normal FG dice rolling functionality).

With that said, I don't suppose there is any chance to build an extension to automatically open the Manual Dice Roll window for all friendlies (the PCs) but not neutrals or enemies (NPCs controlled by me)? I'm not sure if there are handles that can be used to trigger events for different statuses of PC/NPC?

Cheers,

Simon

p.s. maybe this could also open up having a closer look at making using FG, as a DM tool at the table, more user friendly, as I think this hybrid use of computer assistance at the table will become an ever growing market, and I'd love FG to be at the forefront of it, e.g integration between DnDBeyond's character builder and great look-up capabilities, and FG's campaign, combat, maps, tables etc, etc. I keep seeing people ask for DnDB to be more of a VTT to use at the table, and just think an intersection of functionality between DnDB and a VTT (my preference being FG, obviously) would provide everything these people are asking for and bring a whole and different new audience to FG moving forwards... but maybe that's for a different thread...

This extension is great. I roll dice in front of the players with all pros and cons (with the exception of the hidden rolls as rules demand), but sometimes I want to be able to introduce subtle plot armor in those rolls (damage rolls mainly) and this is excellent way to do it, without players noticing it easily.

What I see is that when a die is cast with "Manual" option there is no 3d roll rolling around, but I guess this is how CoreRPG works and nothing can be done to simulate a roll?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    What I see is that when a die is cast with "Manual" option there is no 3d roll rolling around, but I guess this is how CoreRPG works and nothing can be done to simulate a roll?
    Indeed that's how the manual dice roller in CoreRPG works. I noticed it myself.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I would be awesome if a die is cast even with manual rolls. Then the immersion will be complete.
    I know it is CoreRPG, just wishful thinking now from my side.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I would be awesome if a die is cast even with manual rolls. Then the immersion will be complete.
    I know it is CoreRPG, just wishful thinking now from my side.
    You can't force the 3D dice to roll a specific result - they are based on a random physics engine, and you can't tell FG which result to show on the die face at the end of the roll.

In the original proof of concept manual dice roller (that was the impetus for the manual roller appearing in the FG CoreRPG ruleset as standard) the dice still rolled, but the end result in the chat window was changed. See the screenshot and further info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post252683

Neither is really ideal - sharp eyed players might see that the die result was not what was rolled, or if the dice aren't rolled then players know that the result has been manually entered. Based off the latter, the CoreRPG FG code assumes that everyone knows that the dice results are being set - and this is made obvious by the [MANUAL] label in the action string.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information