FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    I'd have to look at the code but you could probably force a dice roll and also force it hidden regardless of campaign settings so the players only see the shadow of the dice roll but it's not actually used. Doing that you wouldn't need to care what the dice roll showed (since you use the manual input value) but they'd think you did roll instead of input a roll.

Insanely busy right now so I can't poke at it but I'm pretty sure something like that is possible.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I would be awesome if a die is cast even with manual rolls. Then the immersion will be complete.
    I know it is CoreRPG, just wishful thinking now from my side.

I'd have to look at the code but you could probably force a dice roll and also force it hidden regardless of campaign settings so the players only see the shadow of the dice roll but it's not actually used. Doing that you wouldn't need to care what the dice roll showed (since you use the manual input value) but they'd think you did roll instead of input a roll.

Insanely busy right now so I can't poke at it but I'm pretty sure something like that is possible.
    That would be AMAZING if you can make that work celestian!

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'd have to look at the code but you could probably force a dice roll and also force it hidden regardless of campaign settings so the players only see the shadow of the dice roll but it's not actually used.
    Look at secret in the roll/throw message structure here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/Comm.xcp This is usually set in the roll record bSecret value (e.g. rRoll.bSecret) which is then used in manager_actions.lua to set the secret flag in the message structure.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So teen low you agree this is doable right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    So teen low you agree this is doable right?
    Oh, it's 100% possible. I've got the next rev doing it I just haven't posted yet. Was going to look at messing with the manualrolls code so the roll happens when the DM presses the "check" box in the Manual Roller window....but not had chance yet. Right now it rolls the dice immediately (and hides them) when you control-click the dice. Your manual result text (if you show it to players) shows up when you click the check, so there will be slight delay.
    Last edited by celestian; June 1st, 2018 at 19:50.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Version 2.0

Added the "shadow" dice roll for players and ignores results using manual dice setting.

Keep in mind the dice will NOT match whatever you set manually (except if you're lucky) but the players will only see the dice shadow for the type of dice you are rolling...
    ---

Also, I will have a "faux roll" button in the next release for manual rolls. This will allow GMs (not players) to use manual rolling with shadow dice and no manual roll notification.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Also, I will have a "faux roll" button in the next release for manual rolls. This will allow GMs (not players) to use manual rolling with shadow dice and no manual roll notification.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sweet. I can remove that bit from the extension when it happens
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks, MW, and I thank you profusely for the onWindowOpened!
    Now, if you can just put in an onTimeExpired or some other like-named routine to let us do something based on a real-time clock.

Update 2.1, cleanup for new options added from previous FG updates. Removed items no longer needed (part of CoreRPG now).
    ---

Thread Information