DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Hi,

I use this extension at the table for face to face games and it's a real help in running sessions, so thank you. I would like to make one request though, I hope you don't mind, and that's to enquire if it'd be possible to adjust the extension to offer the option to make all PC rolls manual and all GM rolls automatic, if that makes sense? I use FG to manage all aspects of a session, but my players, understandably, love to roll their actual dice. I will always then input their rolls to aid with ongoing tracking of damage, effects, concentration etc. and am prone to forget to hold the modifier key to switch to manual entry, as I don't need to do that with all my GM rolls. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks anyway, whatever your thoughts are.

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi,

I use this extension at the table for face to face games and it's a real help in running sessions, so thank you. I would like to make one request though, I hope you don't mind, and that's to enquire if it'd be possible to adjust the extension to offer the option to make all PC rolls manual and all GM rolls automatic, if that makes sense? I use FG to manage all aspects of a session, but my players, understandably, love to roll their actual dice. I will always then input their rolls to aid with ongoing tracking of damage, effects, concentration etc. and am prone to forget to hold the modifier key to switch to manual entry, as I don't need to do that with all my GM rolls. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks anyway, whatever your thoughts are.

Cheers,

Simon
    That's an easy one. My extension actually just uses the built in functionality but with an on-demand feature. The built in feature already does what you are asking. Simply turn it on in the campaign settings. I'd also not use the extension at the same time tho I don't think it would cause any problems but it would be completely unnecessary.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi Celestian,

thanks loads for getting back to me. I'm sorry but I think I didn't explain very well quite what I'd love to see (which I honestly suspect isn't going to be possible): Because I'm playing at the table, all my players use dice, paper character-sheets, notes etc., whilst I run and manage everything from within FG. So, whilst my players are keeping a track of their status etc on their sheets, I need to duplicate all that on the character sheets within FG, as well as all the normal GM stuff relating to all the NPCs.

So, to make maximum use of FG's automation and tracking, my game flow is thus: if I make an attack, save etc. with an NPC I would want the dice in FG to auto-roll, as they do with "Manual Roll" set to Off in Options, but when my players make a roll they then tell me what the roll is and I then need to input that roll in FG on their behalf (as none of the players is on a computer) thus needing "Manual Roll" to be active. This allows FG to track everything for both players and me, concentration, hp, etc, and correctly display it on the CT, which the players can see, and this is where your "On Demand" extension is really helping me out as I can toggle between die states using the modifier key...

But, you see, I'm a totally klutz and constantly forget to modify before rolling the dice, which can really slow the game down as I try and undo what I've just done. So, what would be amazing is: if rolls made for the PCs and rolls made for NPCs had something within the code that flagged them as in someway different (and this is where I'm guessing they don't, which would make this wish an impossible dream! ) then an extension could maybe automatically open the Manual Dice Roll window for all PC rolls, but would just roll the dice as though Manual was off, for all NPC rolls, if that make sense?

I realise this is massive over engineering for a total edge case, but when using FG at the table it would be a great help. And, as face to face games become popular once again, it would be great for FG to be the default session management tool at the table, and I think extensions like yours really help to keep FG relevant for a variety of play environments.

Thanks once again for getting back to me, and for taking the time to code this extension in the first place. Cheers!

The easiest way I see is having a client session running for them to roll (or you) and that one have the option enabled for manual rolls (built in). Otherwise there is no clean way to do it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks again, that's what I suspected. I think I've just got to be better at remembering

You turn on manual rolls for everything. Then, if you want the system to actually roll for you, when the window pops up click on the "die" icon and it rolls for you.

Story Text, which is achieved with /story or Ctrl+Enter, or even the formatted text in story sheets that you click on no longer show up with the formatted box around it when I enable this extension.
    Not game-breaking in any way, but should be noted that it is messing with the format of the chat.

Quote Originally Posted by LordNova2 View Post
    Story Text, which is achieved with /story or Ctrl+Enter, or even the formatted text in story sheets that you click on no longer show up with the formatted box around it when I enable this extension.
    Not game-breaking in any way, but should be noted that it is messing with the format of the chat.
    I'm not sure what that is But I'll look at it when I get back in town next week . I've never heard of either one of those options .
    ---

This function is used to making a bock of text for a description of a room or the actions of the NPCs easily outputted to the chat box by a click of the mouse. With a little extra formatting in the story sheet you can make it output as a quote, as in the NPC is saying it in the chat-box.
    I am sure as soon as you get the chance to sit down to take a look, you will immidiotly know what I am talking about.

Sample.jpg

Yep this extension (wich is awesome), at this moment, breaks the speech bubble and story box formatting in the chat box.

Thread Information