5E Character Create Playlist

Adventurers League After Dark

Hello All,

I'm looking to see if there is an interest in late (starting after 11pm central) games on Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays. I DM frequently in person and use the Fantasy Grounds program often while doing so. So I know the system decently. I am , however, new to DMing online. Let me know you interest below!!

NOTE: I use Zerotier to bypass the Port Forwarding. So players would need it as well. If you haven't used it, it is a very simple and straight forward way around the dreaded "Test Failure".

Hey there, i play each friday night with my local group. We typically play till 3am but have not yet played fantasy grounds. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on playing with the tool and finding groups?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hey there, i play each friday night with my local group. We typically play till 3am but have not yet played fantasy grounds. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on playing with the tool and finding groups?
    Are you asking what my thoughts on playing with fantasy grounds is? If so I think the program is great. It comes with fairly easy learning curve that you can easily figure out in your first game playing. As far I finding groups on here this is my first go at that with the FG forum. I've used FG a lot but always in person with an attached TV screen hooked up and laid flat for the gaming table. Then my laptop is my DM screen and I have all my monsters, combat tracker, and adventure info at my finger tips through the program. I've always found my groups prior to this through Meetup.

I live in Australia and so late night Friday would be mid day Saturday for me and would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by jfbanks1986 View Post
    Are you asking what my thoughts on playing with fantasy grounds is? If so I think the program is great. It comes with fairly easy learning curve that you can easily figure out in your first game playing. As far I finding groups on here this is my first go at that with the FG forum. I've used FG a lot but always in person with an attached TV screen hooked up and laid flat for the gaming table. Then my laptop is my DM screen and I have all my monsters, combat tracker, and adventure info at my finger tips through the program. I've always found my groups prior to this through Meetup.
    Thanks for responding. Sorry, I have some other questions if you don't mind. I am 41 now and don't game with anyone but friends from work so my questions are those of a veritable shut in.

What version of the game did you purchase, and did your players purchase the game as well?

Do you roll dice and keep separate character sheets (electronic or otherwise) or do you do all character and rolling management through the tool?

And finally, sorry but how did you use Meetup, did you advertise yourself or look for other groups advertising?

Hi there, we play an initial game that ends at about 11pm CST on Friday nights. We then move to my house to continue. On Saturdays we start at about 7pm CST and continue to 3am CST.

I've not done any remote gaming so far, we have tried to do some Phone based stuff but it has turned out pretty bad so far. How would you suggest playing and speaking with eachother, maybe a laptop?

Also, I have not purchased Fantasy Grounds at all so we are only playing with all books from DNDBeyond and such.

Thanks for responding. Sorry, I have some other questions if you don't mind. I am 41 now and don't game with anyone but friends from work so my questions are those of a veritable shut in.

What version of the game did you purchase, and did your players purchase the game as well?

Do you roll dice and keep separate character sheets (electronic or otherwise) or do you do all character and rolling management through the tool?

And finally, sorry but how did you use Meetup, did you advertise yourself or look for other groups advertising?

Always open to answer questions
    -I have an ultimate license and then all of the book downloads I needed for DMing and playing.

-If I'm playing in person I'm basically using FG as my DM screen and to pull up maps to a second screen so my player just have normal character sheets and they run their half pen and paper style, Online because I have ultimate license anyone in my game only needs the FREE demo version and they get access to everything I have.
    - As far as rolling dice again it depends if I'm in person or online.
    -I used meetup to find groups in my area. Its free to sign up if you are not an organizer(they pay a small fee). From there, about 4-5 game stores in my area have weekly DnD nights. Now my wife and I have joined and few and met enough people through it we often times find out about other games looking for player through word of mouth.

Hi there, we play an initial game that ends at about 11pm CST on Friday nights. We then move to my house to continue. On Saturdays we start at about 7pm CST and continue to 3am CST.

I've not done any remote gaming so far, we have tried to do some Phone based stuff but it has turned out pretty bad so far. How would you suggest playing and speaking with eachother, maybe a laptop?

Also, I have not purchased Fantasy Grounds at all so we are only playing with all books from DNDBeyond and such.
    So if you are interested in trying out FG I am running a game next Friday at 1130PM (if you are CST and observe DST then you are the same time zone. Here is the signup... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3074
    Its adventurers league, so you would have to have/make and AL character. All you would need is the DEMO version and you would be able to play (we can direct you through using the program once you in) we will be using discord for voice.

Quote Originally Posted by jfbanks1986 View Post
    So if you are interested in trying out FG I am running a game next Friday at 1130PM (if you are CST and observe DST then you are the same time zone. Here is the signup... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3074
    Its adventurers league, so you would have to have/make and AL character. All you would need is the DEMO version and you would be able to play (we can direct you through using the program once you in) we will be using discord for voice.
    Darn, looks like I just missed this one. If you're running another one in the future though, I'm definitely interested in a time zone similar to this.

Thread Information