STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Janik B View Post
    I have installed both the Morecore.pak and the Morecore - The Dark Eye.ext yesterday night for my game. However, the attacks from the attacks box would not function. They would not highlight and could not be dragged in the chat box. Must I also download the TDE Skeleton Module and the TDE-PC Template? Havec they been updated as well?
    The templates haven't changed.

After loading your campaign, check that the chat window shows that you have Version 1.61a of MoreCore, v2021-02-01 of CoreRPG and v0.4 of TDE extension. And try without any other extensions loaded.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey,

first of all thanks for the amazing work.

About the bug with the PAIN Modifier. It still occurs if the PC only has 5 HP or lower (don't ask me why a PC only should have 5 HP)

And I have a question. Since some of my players are not familiar with the English language can I rewrite some of your code so it can handle the german terms for skills and attributes?

Quote Originally Posted by MJLorne View Post
    About the bug with the PAIN Modifier. It still occurs if the PC only has 5 HP or lower (don't ask me why a PC only should have 5 HP)
    That's a known issues listed in post #3. The reason it hasn't been fixed is that I couldn't find clear rules on the exact pain thresholds for LP 5 or less.

And I have a question. Since some of my players are not familiar with the English language can I rewrite some of your code so it can handle the german terms for skills and attributes?
    Sure, you can do that. There's some information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post508803 Note - the extension in that thread is not the most recent, but it should give you some ideas.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Didn't check the old Post again. Sorry my bad on this one.

Okay thanks for the Info. Mainly its for the Names on the character sheets. So it should not really be a problem.

Beware, the code that is used for the skill checks uses the beginnning of the name of the qualities in english.
    We tried to translate the sheet in french and when the qualities where renamed it didn't work anymore.
    Last edited by Dyvim; March 3rd, 2021 at 22:54.

Yeah, I know :-) But I already got it to work.

Of course, you need to change the attributes in the script. I changed them from the 3 letters in english to the 2 letters we use in german. Its not perfect but it works as intended.

Since I am not familiar with programming I can only read the scripts and modify them to a certain point.
    Last edited by MJLorne; March 4th, 2021 at 06:03.

Is this TDE extension still being supported? I ask, because after importing "TDE - PC Template 1.xml" to create a new character, whenever I make an attribute or skill roll I'm getting these errors:

[10/15/2022 2:08:01 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_dsaatt.lua"]:89: attempt to concatenate field 'freeadjustment' (a nil value)
    [10/15/2022 2:04:36 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_dsaskill.lua"]:228: attempt to concatenate field 'freeadjustment' (a nil value)
    It seems like some field/variable named freeadjustment that the script requires to be passed, isn't being assigned a value.
    This is the IF statement that the dsaskill.lua error is occurring within; error occurs within the Else branch which I've highlighted.

if #aModSlots > modSlotOffset then
    -- Get the total modifier from the slots after the first 3
    local nModSlotCount = 0;
    for nModSlotCount = modSlotOffset + 1, #aModSlots, 1
    do
    Debug.console("Modslot modifier " .. nModSlotCount .. " = " .. aModSlots[nModSlotCount].number);
    rRoll.totalMod = rRoll.totalMod + aModSlots[nModSlotCount].number;
    end
    Debug.console("Total mod from slots to skill check = " .. rRoll.totalMod);

local bDescNotEmpty = (rRoll.sDesc ~= "");
    local sStackDesc, nStackMod = ModifierStack.getStack(bDescNotEmpty);

Debug.console("sStackDesc before attribute removal = " .. sStackDesc);
    -- Remove attribute names from modifier text
    sStackDesc = string.gsub(sStackDesc, rRoll.slot1attr .. " %+" .. rRoll.slot1target .. ", ", "", 1);
    sStackDesc = string.gsub(sStackDesc, rRoll.slot2attr .. " %+" .. rRoll.slot2target .. ", ", "", 1);
    sStackDesc = string.gsub(sStackDesc, rRoll.slot3attr .. " %+" .. rRoll.slot3target .. ", ", "", 1);
    sStackDesc = string.gsub(sStackDesc, rRoll.slot3attr .. " %+" .. rRoll.slot3target, "", 1);

Debug.console("sStackDesc after attribute removal = " .. sStackDesc);

-- Add modifier stack text to overall roll description
    if sStackDesc ~= "" then
    if bDescNotEmpty then
    rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. "\r\n[" .. sStackDesc .. "]";
    else
    rRoll.sDesc = sStackDesc;
    end
    end
    else
    if ModifierStack.freeadjustment ~= 0 then
    rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. "\r\n[Mod: " .. ModifierStack.freeadjustment .. "]";
    end
    end
    Otherwise, it looks like a fine effort - particularly like the character sheet.
    Last edited by kronovan; October 15th, 2022 at 22:24.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Is this TDE extension still being supported?
    Sadly, I'm not playing TDE anymore, but I'll provide break-fix support for this. I'm fairly busy this weekend, but will look at it within the next couple of days.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sadly, I'm not playing TDE anymore, but I'll provide break-fix support for this. I'm fairly busy this weekend, but will look at it within the next couple of days.

Thanks for reporting the issue!
    Awesome, thanks for looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Is this TDE extension still being supported? I ask, because after importing "TDE - PC Template 1.xml" to create a new character, whenever I make an attribute or skill roll I'm getting these errors:

Code:
    [10/15/2022 2:08:01 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_dsaatt.lua"]:89: attempt to concatenate field 'freeadjustment' (a nil value)

[10/15/2022 2:04:36 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_dsaskill.lua"]:228: attempt to concatenate field 'freeadjustment' (a nil value)
    Version 0.5 is attached to post #1. This should fix these errors. Thanks again for reporting the issue.

Thread Information