5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

The Dark Eye (TDE) - MoreCore Extension

Beta release of a MoreCore Extension that provide some The Dark Eye (TDE) functionality.

The Dark Eye is a pretty complex RPG system when you get under the covers. But there are some interesting mechanics that give it a unique flavour, but they can be a pain to implement in game. My attempt with this extension is to make some of those mechanics much easier to use with Fantasy Grounds. It is the first release into the wild for testing - I'm sure there will be loads of issues with it - so please bear with me as I try to sort them out and make this a great way to play The Dark Eye on Fantasy Grounds.

Requirements
    -----------------
    - Fantasy Grounds v3.3.13 or higher.
    - The excellent MoreCore ruleset v1.61a or higher. Download here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reCore-Ruleset
    - The attached extension - download and place in your <FG app data>\extensions directory.
    - The attached basic data module - download and place in your <FG app data>\modules directory.
    - The attached PC template - download and save it somewhere you can remember - you'll need it later!
    - The Dark Eye core rulebook. I will try to not provide any data in modules or other files that infringes on any material protected by Copyright!

Version History:
    -------------------
    v0.5 - February October 16th, 2022. Compatibility update for ModifierStack.freeadjustment change.
    v0.4 - February 20th, 2021. Compatibility update for recent core Fantasy Grounds changes - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...pdates-2020-02
    v0.3a - January 5th, 2021. Fix for "monsteratk" horizontal anchor error introduced with recent version of MoreCore.
    v0.3 - April 18th, 2020 - Fix to correct -5 penalty applied across all modifiers. -5 max penalty now only applies to conditions applied via effects (not the modifier stack).
    v0.2 - May 17th, 2018 - Fixed incorrect percentage modifier calculation order. Added "Verbose Roll Results" campaign option. (Previous downloads 197).
    v0.1 - May 6th, 2018 - Initial beta release for general testing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 17th, 2022 at 01:37.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

How To Use

1. Create a new campaign using the MoreCore ruleset.
    2. Enable the "More Core - The Dark Eye" extension
    3. When the campaign loads, enable the "TDE - Skeleton Module 1" module from the library - this will give you a template NPC, a list of supported effects and some modifiers to get you going.
    4. Import the PC XML - this will give you a template PC.

Use the Templates - you'll be lost without them! Change the various fields to the correct values - a XX needs changing to the relevant numerical value of the (N)PC.

Video to come! I'm having issues with my video recording software right now...

Basic user manual (including info on effects) in development! See the attached PDF file. This is just the beginning of the documentation - covering getting started, an attribute roll and the basics of modifiers and effects.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 7th, 2018 at 02:32.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Functionality
    --------------

- 5 new MoreCore rolls (DSA = Das Schwarze Auge - The Dark Eye in German):
    -- dsaskill - for the complex TDE skill checks.
    -- dsaatt - for attribute checks (includes combat checks). Includes half defence with SHIFT pressed (defending a critical attack).
    -- dsainit - for initiative rolls. Includes auto populating the init order field.
    -- dsadamage - for damage. Include targeting and reduction of damage by target's PRO value. Includes critical damage - press SHIFT before rolling damage.
    -- dsamove - to display the current modified MOV value.
    - FG Effects to cover TDE conditons, base rolls and visibility.
    - Expanded PC and NPC sheet to be more TDE friendly.
    - PC and NPC attacks entered in the same format as presented in the rulebooks and supplements.
    - Auto calculation and application of the level of pain based off the amount of life-points remaining.

Known issues
    ———————
    - Conditional effects (IF and IFT) raise errors as these have not been developed yet.
    - The Dice tower is not supported for these rolls.
    - Auto pain doesn't calculate correctly for creatures with starting LP of 5 or less. I'm trying to find details of how this is calculated - example creatures in the bestiary don't give a clear idea.

Future development
    ----------------------
    - critical/botch icons on attribute and attack/defence rolls
    - Expand effects to cover conditions
    - Add a field for max fate points. Currently track in "Misc" column.
    - Auto indicate actor's current adjusted MOV at the beginning of their turn.

- Add in conditional effects.
    - How to handle modifiers to attack based off weapon reach vs weapon reach.
    - Auto apply penalties if "Cramped" based off weapon reach.
    - Add buttons for states to the effects window - like conditions in 5E/3.5E.
    - Add auto calculation Encumbrance level campaign option?

- Healing? Regeneration phase?.

- Add TDE logo to character sheet

- Languages and fonts? Nope - due to language name copyright.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 23rd, 2018 at 17:40.

Placeholder #4

Hi Trenloe

My group is setting up our characters FG for our upcoming TDE campaign and we ran a couple of tests, not an actual play yet, but a couple of questions are in nonetheless

- we are a bit concerned about attributes values and skill values being displayed in the roll summary in the chat, for each roll (this "reveals" too much of the players stats and skills and we feel it would be best not to see these to avoid metagaming)
    - it seems there no possibilites to use the "dice tower", even if shown when enabled (maybe we did not dig enough on this aspect, we're new to moreCore)

Suggestion: do you think it would be possible to have an option to either
    - hide the verbose info about a roll an just display its success/failure, therefore not revealing PC stats to the group ?
    - or have only the pc who rolls and the gm be able to see the results of a roll ? (kind of a shared dice tower between active PC and GM)

The latter being the most desired after a discussion among the guys

Not sure i'm making myself clear enough

Quote Originally Posted by bigjip View Post
    - we are a bit concerned about attributes values and skill values being displayed in the roll summary in the chat, for each roll (this "reveals" too much of the players stats and skills and we feel it would be best not to see these to avoid metagaming)
    - it seems there no possibilites to use the "dice tower", even if shown when enabled (maybe we did not dig enough on this aspect, we're new to moreCore)

Suggestion: do you think it would be possible to have an option to either
    - hide the verbose info about a roll an just display its success/failure, therefore not revealing PC stats to the group ?
    - or have only the pc who rolls and the gm be able to see the results of a roll ? (kind of a shared dice tower between active PC and GM)
    The dice tower is not supported at this time.

I'll have a think about the visibility of additional info. I'll go the simplest approach, so it will probably be a campaign option that will effect everyone.

v0.2 released - download from post #1.

- Fixed modifier calculation order for percentage/half adjustments. All modifiers are applied before any half/percentage adjustment.
    - Added campaign option "Verbose Roll Results". This hides the target number display for skill rolls. It also does this for the target/result section for attribute/combat rolls - but it does not hide the initial value in the roll description - so people can still mega-game for those values. I need to wrap my head around all of the different dice display options to think of what I can do - and what I want to do.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 17th, 2018 at 18:03.

Ouah, that was quick
    We're gonna test this and give feedback asap
    Thanks for the quick update

I apologize about the span between games. If you are still interested we can continue our game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayson View Post
    I apologize about the span between games. If you are still interested we can continue our game.
    I'd be interested.

Thread Information