STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: Seven Worlds

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Not very famialar with Lua or Unity (yet), but would ot be more possible with FGU?
    Nope, for backwards compatibility with Fantasy Grounds Classic, FGU isn't going to open up any additional languages. (At least not for the time being. Later down the road, we'll see what happens.)

Did this ever go anywhere? Just picking this up as a side project to try and learn more about Fantasy Grounds. I love Sci-Fi, really like Savage Worlds, and think Fantasy Grounds is great from what playing I've done so far.

I managed to import the entirety of the Setting Guide into Fantasy Grounds Unity as a learning exercise. I originally figured I would just do the Test Drive as an initial experiment but then figure heck, why not and went ahead with the full setting. I will be playtesting the intro adventure here shortly with a few friends and see where it goes from there. I would love to leverage anything that has already been done and take whatever advise is available to make it work in FGU and even upgrading it to SWADE to minimize re-inventing the wheel. Got to learn a little about extensions to in order to get Mental Toughness to show up on the combat tracker and the character sheet. I've not bothered yet with things like Heat as that can easily enough be handled manually I'm guessing.

For example, one of the things I'm now trying to figure out is how many wounds these ships have? SWADE gives you a table that says vehicles by default have 3 wounds, but then based on size that could go up to another 3 on top of that. Not having played it yet, no idea if that is too little or too much or what to put in by default into FGU.

Anyway, thank Google for coming across this thread. Any advise would be welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsilon View Post
    Did this ever go anywhere? Just picking this up as a side project to try and learn more about Fantasy Grounds. I love Sci-Fi, really like Savage Worlds, and think Fantasy Grounds is great from what playing I've done so far.

I managed to import the entirety of the Setting Guide into Fantasy Grounds Unity as a learning exercise. I originally figured I would just do the Test Drive as an initial experiment but then figure heck, why not and went ahead with the full setting. I will be playtesting the intro adventure here shortly with a few friends and see where it goes from there. I would love to leverage anything that has already been done and take whatever advise is available to make it work in FGU and even upgrading it to SWADE to minimize re-inventing the wheel. Got to learn a little about extensions to in order to get Mental Toughness to show up on the combat tracker and the character sheet. I've not bothered yet with things like Heat as that can easily enough be handled manually I'm guessing.

For example, one of the things I'm now trying to figure out is how many wounds these ships have? SWADE gives you a table that says vehicles by default have 3 wounds, but then based on size that could go up to another 3 on top of that. Not having played it yet, no idea if that is too little or too much or what to put in by default into FGU.

Anyway, thank Google for coming across this thread. Any advise would be welcome!
    You can add effects to increase wound cap. I think its [Wound Threshold +3] but you can check the wiki here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Worlds+Effects

Thread Information