DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Seven Worlds

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meliath1742 View Post
    He believes the module will require some significant additions to get the right feel.
    That's precisely why I took it off my TODO list. The amount of Lua scripting needed for the Seven Worlds extension is way way way above my ability right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    That's precisely why I took it off my TODO list. The amount of Lua scripting needed for the Seven Worlds extension is way way way above my ability right now.
    I'm hoping they can find an acceptable compromise. He stated it was one of the original stretch goals on the Kickstarter but dropped it after realizing the difficulty of getting it done.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

This is why I wish they would give us the option to run an automation free SW. It's one thing if a setting has it's own edges and such. that's easy. but when it alters game mechanics, and there's no FG module, then my inclination to run it is greatly diminished. It's just too much of a hassle.
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Quote Originally Posted by :{ BK }: View Post
    This is why I wish they would give us the option to run an automation free SW. It's one thing if a setting has it's own edges and such. that's easy. but when it alters game mechanics, and there's no FG module, then my inclination to run it is greatly diminished. It's just too much of a hassle.
    Yep. They could release a setting module with the understanding that ship combat would be strictly manual, possibly being added later on.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Truthfully, starship combat in 7W is so fast and nasty that it is usually over before you have to worry about the ships overheating. My guys figured that out really fast and hit, then cool themselves down while the pilot goes nuts flying evasively. I don't think it needs automation at all.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    Truthfully, starship combat in 7W is so fast and nasty that it is usually over before you have to worry about the ships overheating. My guys figured that out really fast and hit, then cool themselves down while the pilot goes nuts flying evasively. I don't think it needs automation at all.
    Hopefully that will allow them to streamline it so FG can handle it without having to do a ton of programming.

I too would love to see Seven Worlds for FG.
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    I too would love to see Seven Worlds for FG.
    Hey there, Mr. DLC Developer buddy of mine! I am reminded of an old saying, "if ya want something done right..." LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Hey there, Mr. DLC Developer buddy of mine! I am reminded of an old saying, "if ya want something done right..." LOL
    I'd certainly take the project on if I had time, which is in short supply these days. Just the converting to FG...I don't know anything about LUA.
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Not very famialar with Lua or Unity (yet), but would ot be more possible with FGU?
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information