DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Seven Worlds

I would love to see a rule set for this as well. Although I love FG, this is my one complaint about it. If a setting has variations from the standard operating procedure, and there isn't a rule set available for it, it makes all of the automation that FG does kind of in the way. It'd be nice if we could just turn it all off. A bare bones option, if you will. It would make running settings like Seven Worlds easier.
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Quote Originally Posted by :{ BK }: View Post
    I would love to see a rule set for this as well. Although I love FG, this is my one complaint about it. If a setting has variations from the standard operating procedure, and there isn't a rule set available for it, it makes all of the automation that FG does kind of in the way. It'd be nice if we could just turn it all off. A bare bones option, if you will. It would make running settings like Seven Worlds easier.
    In theory (I haven't tried it) you could do everything manually by just using the FG die roller and applying the needed damage. You would have to figure out all the modifiers and effects and also apply them manually (the same as you would at an actual table game). The Mental Toughness stat could be added as a notation on the front of the character sheet giving you the number needed for psionic attacks.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Hmm, I'll have to play around with that and see how it works.

You could try just straight CoreRPG or MoreCore BK. Im not familiar with the setting, but it may or may not work?

I'm not really familiar enough with Core or MoreCore to give an accurate opinion, but I could give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtechmike View Post
    You could try just straight CoreRPG or MoreCore BK. Im not familiar with the setting, but it may or may not work?
    Seven Worlds is a Savage Worlds setting with a few quirks that go outside the normal ruleset. Core/Morecore would be "difficult" to use, but doable if you go completely "manual" on everything. You would be forced to use the SW rules outside of FG though. You would be using FG for character sheets and the die roller along with presenting maps. No real automation.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

I think I'm done working on my 7w theme. I wanted a clean look so I hacked the Simple Gray theme (Gimp, cut & paste etc) and used colors that are in some of the games main images. The Saturn logo was "borrowed" from the web to create the center decal.

7w Theme screenshot.PNG

Good job

I would love to see Seven Worlds for FG.

Quote Originally Posted by goodmanje View Post
    I would love to see Seven Worlds for FG.
    I spoke with Luis (Creator) and he's considering getting it into a Fantasy Grounds module. His biggest concern is getting the ship to ship combat in a usable format. He believes the module will require some significant additions to get the right feel.

Thread Information