DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Seven Worlds

Seven Worlds

Any word on whether or not this one will make it to FG?
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

It will depend on whether or not the creator/publisher wants it to be released to a VTT... then agreements have to be made between them and SmiteWorks... then someone will need to create the setting within Fantasy Grounds (which is probably what takes the longest to do on the FG side of things) as well as someone(s) converting all of the rest of the content.

I believe that this is the standard process for stuff like this, but am not 100% sure.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder as well as all WotC 5e FG content (in addition to other 5e products)
    Also have bought a lot of other RPG products as well, incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Blog Entries
    A couple of us have expressed interest in handling the DLC end of things. I think @Ikael does plan on adding some ruleset-level support for a couple of the features, but we haven't heard yet if the publishers have even started the licensing process for Fantasy Grounds.

Thanks for the info. This is definitely a campaign I would be interested in running.

me too - I bought in on the Kickstarter and have done some work on it for my own game, but it would be great to see this done for FG.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

I’m working on creating a mod file containing all the core details... hindrances, edges, items, etc... that should at least get me by enough to start prepping the campaign.

I've done a mod file, even tweaked an extension to add mental toughness. The biggest hindrance I'm running into right now is ships. The current FG vehicles are just not up to the task for Seven Worlds space combat. I would love to hear suggestions on how to make them work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tozzax View Post
    I've done a mod file, even tweaked an extension to add mental toughness. The biggest hindrance I'm running into right now is ships. The current FG vehicles are just not up to the task for Seven Worlds space combat. I would love to hear suggestions on how to make them work.
    I would like to hear how they are not fit for Seven Worlds combat? I am aware of Heat stat that is missing, is there something else?
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

The Heat stat, the handling modifier, tracking shield effects, tracking heatpoints, ship NPCs aren't wildcards (except big ones) but can take more than 1 wound. I've only had one go at it, but it definitely left a lot to be desired. I may be printing sheets for the next space battle.

Caveat, I don't have much experience in savage worlds, so I may be doing something wrong.

So, count me in on wanting an official ruleset and setting mod for Seven Worlds. I actually emailed the writer for this setting about considering it for FG but never got a response. I've spent some time creating my own mod for it. Still need changes to help with things like Mental Toughness, being a derived stat is the biggest issue for me. I've added the ships to "Vehicle's" but haven't had a chance to actually try them out. The current Vehicle input does allow for adding additional stats but I doubt they are automated in the CT in anyway. It also allows you to drop in an NPC or Wildcard as the pilot if you unlock it for editing. This gives the ship skills needed for things like shooting the various weapons.
    Last edited by Meliath1742; June 14th, 2019 at 22:28.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Thread Information