5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Can you post a screenshot of your NPC and it's spellcasting ability trait.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You can override the automatic calculation of the spell save by including in the spellcasting trait the following:

"The <name> is a xth level spellcaster who uses intelligent as their spellcasting ability (+x to hit with spell attacks, spell save DC x)". Replace the x's with the correct number.

EDIT: also if you have the CR correct and the correct ability score then the spell attacks and DC should work out automatically.
    You might want to edit the quote to change intelligent to intelligence to avoid confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by IngeRasch View Post
    I don't know then. You don't show the Wisdom stat so I have to assume their Wisdom is 20?

Here's a quick test character I did with Wis of 18 and a CR of 1. As you can see the save DC is correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    You might want to edit the quote to change intelligent to intelligence to avoid confusion.
    Well spotted. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I don't know then. You don't show the Wisdom stat so I have to assume their Wisdom is 20?

Here's a quick test character I did with Wis of 18 and a CR of 1. As you can see the save DC is correct.
    Apologies, Wisdom is 16 (+3).

I had just finished writing a beefy reply on the underlying math being wrong. It just turns out I'm the problem in the equation
    Spell DC is supposed to be 8 + modifier + proficiency, not 10 + modifier + proficiency.

It was working exacly as it should this whole time.

Here's my wording for anyone struggling:
    Kethra is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom. She has the following druid spells prepared:
    Cantrips (at will): druidcraft, poison Spray
    1st level (3 slots): cure wounds, entangle

Thread Information