5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Avalastrius

Hamachi works fine for the vast majority of people.
    Any lag that might be introduced by Hamachi is measured in ms and will be completely unnoticed in your game sessions.
    Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Blog Entries
    I used Hamachi for about a year with very few problems before I switched to PureVPN (w/ dedicated IP). Both have worked well and each has an advantage over the other (free vs transparent to the players).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I used Hamachi for about a year with very few problems before I switched to PureVPN (w/ dedicated IP). Both have worked well and each has an advantage over the other (free vs transparent to the players).
    I use PureVPN also, but before you spend the money for that unless you plan on using it for other programs, You should look at and consider FG Unity. It has been ststed that Unity will no longer require port fowarding.
    So if you go that route you could use the othe one while waiting for it to release.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    I use PureVPN also, but before you spend the money for that unless you plan on using it for other programs, You should look at and consider FG Unity. It has been ststed that Unity will no longer require port fowarding.
    So if you go that route you could use the othe one while waiting for it to release.
    PureVPN is not an option for me as I don't live in any of the countries it provides dedicated servers. As for FG Unity, I thought it's not out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalastrius View Post
    PureVPN is not an option for me as I don't live in any of the countries it provides dedicated servers.
    You don't have to use a PureVPN server in your own country.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Correct, Im in the Philippines and set my static IP to Hong kong, until they came out with a actual Port Foward Option, whuch does not require a static IP.. So I switched to it and it works great.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I meant they don't provide dedicated ip.

Is there a way to get one? I'm a bit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalastrius View Post
    I meant they don't provide dedicated ip.

Is there a way to get one? I'm a bit confused.
    Dedicated IP and Port Fowarding are both options you can buy with PureVPN. When you get the Dedicated IP you can pick where you want it to be..So it can be in a different country.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

You only need dedicated ip and not the port forwarding option

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Dedicated IP and Port Fowarding are both options you can buy with PureVPN. When you get the Dedicated IP you can pick where you want it to be..So it can be in a different country.
    This is what PureVPN support said: PureVPN only offers dedicated IP's of USA, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Canada, Germany, Malta and Australia.

I live in Norway.

Thread Information