Starfinder Playlist

Removing Weapon Mounts

Hello all!

I would like to preface this with the acknowledgment that most of the time my problems are absolutely user error.

That being said - according to Starfinder ship building rules, weapon mounts can be removed from a frame. Whenever I do this in FGU however, the old mount is never removed from the ship card. As you can see, the chat window confirms the edit but nothing changes. I have closed and re-opened the card (as sometimes that is required to update BP changes) but still no change. Is there something I am missing or is this a bug?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I implemented that quite some time ago and the discussion at the time was base mounts could not be removed. I'm not able to locate anything to the contrary or in support that base frame mounts could be removed. It is a bug that a chat output is saying it is removed when the design is to not let it be removable. Mounts you add can be removed. May I ask why you are attempting to remove a base frame mount?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Spent some time digging thru the rulebooks and, like you, could not find anything that says specifically that mounts can be removed from frames.

Pg. 305 of the core rulebook does state that players can replace options with lower BP options but does not state remove. Some would argue the mount could be considered an option and that since it doesn't say anywhere that you cannot replace mounts it should be considered legal. I disagree with that argument on the grounds that if it were possible to alter frames then there would be a system for designing new frames or at least a guideline.

All that being said however, the inability to delete a weapon mount from the ship card takes away the ability to homebrew a frame modification without having to create an item "weapon mount adjust" and give it a negative BP.

I would like to be able to permanently remove a mount (it can be added back in easily enough) just because I am OCD about tidying up NPC cards, character sheets, Ship Cards, etc etc... however, it's not a game breaker or anything
    Last edited by Draykor; September 22nd, 2023 at 04:43. Reason: Incomplete thought

Homebrew is certainly possible at this time by adjusting the frame record prior to dropping it. You can even leave the mount section empty for a complete ground up approach to the frame. I can see your point but will need some time to think this over and get more information and see if there are any issues within the ruleset to the changes. There is also looking over the code itself and what might need further adjustment after any changes. I do appreciate the feedback and your thoughts. I will consider them when I look this over.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Along the same lines, the X-66 in Redshift Rally uses linked LPB, but when I tried building as a PC ship, I had to make a new item for it and just leave the extra forward mount empty.

Thread Information