FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Pathfinder Modules/ Maps

I've been playing pathfinder for a little over a year and got a decent handle of the rules. I'm fairly new to fantasy grounds but am learning how to use it. I wanted to put together some short sessions for a few close friends. Basically just a small dungeon crawl. The group prefers combat over role playing. This would be my first attempt at being a DM.

I have the FG Standard License. I've been searching for the last couple days for free fantasy grounds pathfinder modules. Basically I'm just looking to run a short dungeon crawl. A bunch of rooms connected to each other that the heroes could traverse. I've learned, through the help of the discord channel Fantasy Grounds College, how to propagate the dungeon with enemies and how combat works on the DM's side of things.

Is there anyone that has some maps I could use for a dungeon crawl? I was instructed that I could make the maps myself using dungeon painter online, but there must be an easier way at my first attempt as DM. Something as simple as this must be available somewhere. I've had no luck thus far, any help greatly appreciated

thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forums.

There are a lot of community member's maps here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ay.php?90-Maps Look through all the various threads to see if there are some maps that match what you're looking for.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Did you try this?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Wow, great advice both of you.

I had a question beyond just maps. Do you know where I might be able to find free, short modules in a combat heavy situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverkin View Post
    I had a question beyond just maps. Do you know where I might be able to find free, short modules in a combat heavy situation?
    Look at https://adventureaweek.com/ They have lots of adventures and many have been converted into FG modules for Pathfinder, 5E and recently Savage Worlds.

You get 2 free downloads a month (these can be PDFs or FG modules). You can get 1 month free with this code: AAW1FREE This will give you access to the web reader version of all the base adventures so you can look them over and decide which two you want to download in FG format. You may want to look at the "C" series - these are more classic style scenarios. "C01: Alagoran’s Gem" is a classic style dungeon crawl.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you - so I found a lot of small, good dungeon maps. I uploaded them onto fantasy grounds. I have an issue though, how do I use fog of war w/ these maps? I went layers --> enable mask and held shift then I drew a very wobbly line and it seemed to light up that 1 area. Is there a way i can make a completely straight line?

Is there a way to make it only light up/ show lighting effects for the areas the PC's are in and keep rest of the map black? How can I make it go fog of war after they leave that area?

Many thanks
    Last edited by Silverkin; April 22nd, 2018 at 22:30.

Fog of war is purely manual. It doesn't move with tokens. The GM reveals/hides as necessary.

Unmasking without pressing any keys is a rectangle - so you have straight lines there. If you have straight lines to reveal, just draw as many rectangles as you need to unmask the whole area.

Wow that was a fast response, thanks!

So I used a rectangle to unveil that area. Once they move onto next area I suppose I have a decision to just leave it lighted up or delete those masks? What's the general consensus on how to use this?

Looks like it's much easier just to leave areas that have been opened and only get rid of the light in that area if monsters go there - although that might cause me to give away things if they catch on to what I'm doing.

Edit: Found out I just press control to make areas black again - awesome!
    Last edited by Silverkin; April 22nd, 2018 at 22:45.

So I used a rectangle to unveil that area. Once they move onto next area I suppose I have a decision to just leave it lighted up or delete those masks? What's the general consensus on how to use this?
    I generally leave places the party has been revealed.

Looks like it's much easier just to leave areas that have been opened and only get rid of the light in that area if monsters go there - although that might cause me to give away things if they catch on to what I'm doing.
    Use token visibility to hide NPC tokens the PCs can't see. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ens#Visibility The players won't know a thing!

When I click on any of the tokens it seems to only give me the option of always invisible, always visible or mask sensitive visibility.

So for areas that the heroes have already uncovered i keep as visible. However if another NPC manages to find himself in an area previously discovered it shouldn't show up on the PC's map. However the only way I see to do that is to set that token as 'always invisible'. Is that the correct way of doing things? Am I missing anything?

Thread Information