5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Blog Entries
    The last time I ran games at FG-Con (2 or 3 ago) I had a ton of cancellations at the last minute.

I only could run one game this time and it was full and was well attended.

I advertised the Con a little on places like the 5e Facebook group, but I thought that most events looked pretty full and expanding the outreach too much risks having people disappointed that there are no games.

I set up my discord channel the night before (my game started 7 am my time) and I removed it shortly after my game.

I found that the pre-Con email instructions were better this time. I emailed my players several times before the game and had my server up for character choice before the con as well.

Lots of work for the organizers and I did not manage to kill either Trenloe or Zacchaeus in my session. I had several players in my game that were new to FG and I did a little bit of a sales job and with those two as players I had pretty good support.

Discord was fine. I used a VPN in a hotel room and my connection appeared to be fine as well.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    I have to say that I experienced the sound quality on Discord to be inferior to both Teamspeak and Skype. I will not be using it for voice for any of my games. It has some nice text chat tools.. similar and superior to Skype.. but.. for voice.. not great.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

First, I appreciate all of the hard work of the organizers. Overall, things went very smoothly and I had a pleasant experience as GM.

I appreciated the prompting about when and what to send to my players. Several of them canceled and the timely prompts allowed me find more players and have a full group without any stress. (Better instructions on handling cancellations would be appreciated - I was able to free slots, but not able to re-open them which is almost certainly a lack of understanding on my part.)

I've intended to run an event distantly as a year ago, but this is the first time that I managed to catch wind of the event in time to get involved. Perhaps posting in individual game forums here on FG with a call to GMs 2-4 weeks before opening registrations might help with that. Besides, it would be nice to get more game systems in the mix

To go along with Talyn's comments, By the time I received notice of FG con all games scheduled were listed as being filled up and would not allow me to sign up as a stand by character. I checked an average of every three hours from 7:00 am to 9:30 pm EST on each day, but there were never any open slots. So for me FG con was a lot of wasted time. If I knew the program better, I would DM my own game. However I need to be a player for a while to get used to FG before I take on the task of creating my own module and DMing it.
    "All is tidy. All is well. Battle's outcome, who can tell?" - Two-Edge ElfQuest/I]

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMystik View Post
    I checked an average of every three hours from 7:00 am to 9:30 pm EST on each day, but there were never any open slots. So for me FG con was a lot of wasted time.
    I’m sorry you missed the convention and you feel it was a waste of time for you. We advertise the convention months in advance and each session is on a first-come-first-served basis which is only fair to all those involved.

The next convention will be in October this year, and player registration will being around the middle September, give or take a few days. I suggest you keep on eye on the forums and subscribe to this thread and you will receive a notification when activity for FG Con 13 starts.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 21st, 2018 at 03:01.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMystik View Post
    To go along with Talyn's comments, By the time I received notice of FG con all games scheduled were listed as being filled up and would not allow me to sign up as a stand by character. I checked an average of every three hours from 7:00 am to 9:30 pm EST on each day, but there were never any open slots. So for me FG con was a lot of wasted time. If I knew the program better, I would DM my own game. However I need to be a player for a while to get used to FG before I take on the task of creating my own module and DMing it.
    Sorry to hear that. I think, that once the Con begins the website no longer updates. I had a few people PM/email me and if I had no shows I had them join us.

I know that their is usually a channel on the Discord/Teamspeak server where people can hang out and GMs can post openings for no shows. I've used it in the past (but this time I had a active enough wait list never needed to go there.

Sorry I don't have more and that you didn't find a game last Con. If you subscribe to the last Con's announcement thread, I think they usually tag it with an update when the get ready to announce the next one.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Also - make sure you are signed up with a current, valid email on the FG Con website. We send out various newsletters as the upcoming convention approaches.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information