FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456

Thread: Conan 2d20

Does anyone know if the other Modiphius 2d20 games are going to be coming now that the ruleset's working? I'm figuring that licensing issues will likely keep Star Trek out of FG, but it can't be too hard to swing Mutant Chronicles, John Carter, or Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    STA is next, along with Dishonored: https://nerdeyeindustries.com/
    Oh, and John Carter...

I suspect Infinity is a beast of an IP to get it done, considering how difficult it was for the editing.

I'm frankly surprised they were able to get the rights for doing Star Trek, though I suppose since Disney isn't involved it's probably much more attainable than Star Wars.

The store entry linked is not a public page at this point - its's a placeholder so the devs can review any final changes and then quickly push it live when the product become available. Any data in that page can change, and usually does change, before release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Really looking foward to this. I've run a few IRL games and it's a really fun system.

Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    I'm frankly surprised they were able to get the rights for doing Star Trek, though I suppose since Disney isn't involved it's probably much more attainable than Star Wars.
    From what I understand, it is much much easier to get licensing for Disney IPs than it is for an IP that is jointly owned by Viacom/CBS. The reason why there have been so many different Star Trek RPGs, and why they fall off the map so often, is because the IP holder is both difficult to work with and wants more royalties than makes sense for the developer.

That said, I do very much like Modiphius's products and I hope that STA and the 2d20 rules gain in popularity and that Modiphus continues to turn a profit with this game (assuming they are) for a long time.

--Art "Everything I do is a work of Art" Wendorf
    An Ultimate License Holder so anyone can join the fun!
    Timezone: US Central Time [UTC-6?]

Quote Originally Posted by Art Wendorf View Post
    Indeed! Discussing it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...onan-2d20-news

(Closing this thread so that we just have one to discuss and work out how to use it to its full potential).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information