5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Bonkon, Yes that's right it's currently limited to non-group powers. Glad it's working now that you added power-specific daily uses. I suspect the code could be extended to include simple group powers too (like the one you describe).

A general solution still eludes me. It's something like... Mark off one use if a 'cast' roll fails and mark off a use when any of the other effects are used.

The down side of that would be that some complex powers have multiple effects and all need to be applied and some have multiple effects that are options. I guess I'd need to code extra info into the power so that users can control when it's marked off (and by that point it's simpler to keep the actions and uses independent).
    Last edited by Steeleyes; April 14th, 2018 at 09:10.

What you have done with this is a huge help for players that are not, shall we say, deyail oriented

Hello Steeleyes. Thank you for this extension, it's really save me a lot of hours)

YES! Love this extension idea. I'm going to try it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleyes View Post
    Bonkon, Yes that's right it's currently limited to non-group powers. Glad it's working now that you added power-specific daily uses. I suspect the code could be extended to include simple group powers too (like the one you describe).

A general solution still eludes me. It's something like... Mark off one use if a 'cast' roll fails and mark off a use when any of the other effects are used.

The down side of that would be that some complex powers have multiple effects and all need to be applied and some have multiple effects that are options. I guess I'd need to code extra info into the power so that users can control when it's marked off (and by that point it's simpler to keep the actions and uses independent).
    What you propose is a good workaround
    The only way to fix this would be with an automatic spell/power system which apply all the effects or damage automatically. Definitely a complex approach.

Does this one work on FGU?

I've been using it with no issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestik Moose View Post
    I've been using it with no issues so far.
    That's a little surprising. Let's keep our fingers crossed it stays that way.

I'm not actively testing with FGU at present, at least until it gets a bit further. We had to drop back to classic for our weekly games.

I'll do a little testing for you to see if it has full functionality. I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

Hi, I noticed that your extension doesn't mark of an power, if an effect has an added cast behind it?
    Like for One Click Druid Wildshape?

Or if you simply add a cast behind Barbarian Rage.. it won't mark off the power.

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 22.09.45.png

Thread Information